Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jan 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
It has gone too much for me. This year will be our last visit unfortunately, if we ever want a bit of Disney magic from now on it will be Disneyland paris .
We won't pay their prices either, but none of us are bothered about going back to Disney anyway. Apart from Epcot, we all prefer DLP, so will visit there instead for a bit of Disney.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post

if we ever want a bit of Disney magic from now on it will be Disneyland paris .
Good luck with that
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
Good luck with that
Gulp. I have never been is it that bad
Old 10 Jan 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

well we stayed 4 nights in the disneyland hotel ( at the park gates ) to add some " Disney sparkle " afterall the flagship hotel that looks a little like the GF hotel cannot be bad, it wasnt, the hotel was the highlight of the trip if i am honest )

for us DLP had very little disney sparkle, infact i commented one day in the Studio's park, The sun was out, i was wearing the exact same shorts, T-shirt, sunglasses, trainers and hat that i was wearing a 6 months earlier in WDW ( WDW in Oct and DLP in the following May ) i said " We could be in WDW right now, the themeing is the same, i have the exact same clothes on and the sun is shining, BUT we are not " the whole family nodded, as it might look the same, but it just lacks that sparkle

on the drive back to the ferry, we chatted about our trip

we all agreed it was like someone had copied a disney park ( or 2 ), made it look the same and then forgot to sprinkle fairy dust on it, it just lacked the " disney'ness " of WDW ( and i know people have argued that Europeans wouldnt like the over-the-top-ness of WDW and its target is a different audience and it doesnt pretend to be WDW ) but we love all of that and it is what makes our holiday

It suits some, but if you want disney magic imho that is the thing DLP lacks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

To us, the Disney parks are theme parks, that's all they are. We don't get the 'magic', we're not interested in parades etc, it's all about the rides. And DLP has quite a few rides that are much better than their counterparts at WDW - Pirates and Space Mountain for example.
The castle in the main DLP park is better than MK one too. It's prettier and you can go visit the dragon inside 😄

The studios aren't that special though, but again, it's all about the rides for us. ToT and RnR are both just as good as the ones in Florida.

Edited at 09:07 PM.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I know I am in the minority but I thought Disneyland Paris was more enjoyable than Disneyworld I think it was because it wasn't as crowded. We went at October half term and the weather was lovely so that helps. That does not mean I don't love Disneyworld.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So I have run it past the family and they are fine not going to Disney or Universal, we have come up with a plan. A 3 park ticket for Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and Aquatics, yes I know I said I wouldn't do SeaWorld again but we would only do the rides no animals. The ticket has an amazing price of £100 per person which gives you 14 days unlimited access to all 3 parks and has parking included. Amazing value compared to the latter.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

No it's not that bad at all and it really depends what you want out of it - no it's not wdw of course it isn't but it's lovely in its own right

With the 25th anniversary this year lot of things have been spruced up and there have been enhancements on some rides and a new nighttime show and season of the force as well; I don't go there to compare and say we could have been at wdw I enjoy it for what it is and that's a little bit of Disney closer to home

With the villages nature close by now and val de Europe shopping centre which I think is awesome (and the walk to it which is excellent as well) it's starting to become a true holiday destination for me (and no I'm not employed by them haha)

As for the OP we had booked to go back in April but have deciddd not to go as we felt totally flat about Disney after our last visit and just can't justify the price - funnily enough we are going to dlp and to explore Paris instead
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
So I have run it past the family and they are fine not going to Disney or Universal, we have come up with a plan. A 3 park ticket for Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and Aquatics, yes I know I said I wouldn't do SeaWorld again but we would only do the rides no animals. The ticket has an amazing price of £100 per person which gives you 14 days unlimited access to all 3 parks and has parking included. Amazing value compared to the latter.
That's what we are doing. Having a more chilled trip to Florida rather than 24x7 Disney bubble this year.

Might have a trip out to Daytona if I can persuade the family, but won't be disappointed if not. Will still make the most of being on holiday
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
That's what we are doing. Having a more chilled trip to Florida rather than 24x7 Disney bubble this year.

Might have a trip out to Daytona if I can persuade the family, but won't be disappointed if not. Will still make the most of being on holiday
Totally agree, I think it will be better rather than booking FP's and being like a military exercise, knowing a few months in advance what you will be doing on a certain day. A holiday waking up thinking "what shall we do today?"

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List