Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jan 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mirage or the Venetian

Having now booked the first five lots of accommodation for our 18 day trip, I only need to book the final one. We are ending our trip with four nights on the Las Vegas strip.
At the moment it's narrowed down to the Mirage or the Venetian, after endlessly researching most of the other hotels. Now which to book and when, see my countdown
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Have stayed at the palazzo ( really it's just the new block of the Venetian) twice and it is a fab hotel. The rooms are amazing and all the facilities are great. If your into pools they are great as well.
But if you did stay at the mirage you are pretty much across the road from the Venetian, so it's nice and handy for the shops etc.
Some people think the mirage is quite dark and I felt it was quite smoky but it's an iconic vegas hotel.
The last time we stayed at the palazzo we got resort credit which helped out with a few meals.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We are ending our road trip with four nights in Vegas too.
We Have not stayed in either but did visit both in October. Personally I would go with the Venetian but I quite like the vibe of the Mirage and it does have a good location.
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
If price is similar I'd choose the Venetian , its much newer and has a lot more going on than the Mirage, not that the Mirage is a bad hotel by any means just the Venetian is nicer.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The position of both is practically the same, so it's down to budget really. The Mirage is ok, pool area a bit cramped if that's important to you, but the Venetian is a lovely hotel and usually a fair bit more money. I'd love to try the Venetian but haven't been able to justify the extra (so far!).
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I'm leaning to the Venetian or Palazzo...but the price is a bit higher than I want. We want two rooms and it's coming out as £1285 plus $314 resort charge. It's for four nights in 11th to 15th April, and includes a Friday night. There is an offer on for get the third night free, but that end the end of March. What are the chances of a similar offer for April. I'd probably settle for it costing closer to £1000 plus resort fee.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
If price is similar I'd choose the Venetian , its much newer and has a lot more going on than the Mirage, not that the Mirage is a bad hotel by any means just the Venetian is nicer.
Agree with this
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola-disney15
Excited about Disney

We have just booked 4 nights at the Venetian for the end of April with Ebookers, I found a 15% off voucher code which knocked £100 off the price for our dates, they are also offering free breakfast, might be worth checking it out, the voucher code is AFFVC0117

Edited at 10:43 PM.
nicola-disney15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
RobS
Gone all Goofy

Have stayed at the Mirage which I loved, but would choose the Venetian any day. Venetian is gorgeous. As for cost only you can decide. Dont think any one knows about offers really. Could you book both on a free cancellation basis and keep checking, then cancel one? Have to say could not fault our room at Mirage, great location, staff and service second to none. Would love to stay at the Venetian
RobS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Offers vary, I've never stayed in the Venetian but I've logged into their wifi a lot and so I get offers emailed to me a lot..

But your there for Good Friday so its not going to be cheap and there may well not be a offer that covers that weekend. Unfortunately a weekend combined with a busy public holiday makes Vegas expensive.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List