Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Jan 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MischiefManaged
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

MischiefManaged's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Right, i think I have a clearer idea of what I want to do...

So I want to spend two weeks travelling around Canada and seeing the various parts so that I could stay in Toronto for 3-4 days based on all your advice.. it's then where I could go from there, we do both drives but being under 25 would insurance be too high? Could we like get on a train and make spots in various parts of Canada?

I know am bombarding with lots of questions but I'm a total newbie to the Canada scene haha
MischiefManaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Check out car hire first, it might not be as expensive as you think.

You won't need a car in Toronto as traffic is crazy!

I would fly up to Ottawa if you fancy it, we used the multi city option booked online via Air Canada.
There are plenty of trips up to Niagara Falls but definately stay ovenight some of the hotels have really nice restauarnts ( the Embassy suites Keg restaurant looks over the falls).

Canada is huge so you will probably have to take a flight at some time, Vancouver is lovely but right over the other side of Canada so you may find that expensive and too time consuming.
Have a look at a map of East Coast Canada and see if there are any places you fancy and look them up on trip advisor, I cant help with trains sorry as we've always had a car.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree with Snowbelle's post about not having a car in Toronto. We got a taxi from the airport to our apartment then had 3 nights there then picked a car up from a small car hire office out of town in the direction that we were going and ended up with a much better car than we'd paid for as they didn't have a lot of choice there. I don't know how much dearer it is for under 25s but worth having a look as it's so much more convinient.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We went to the other coast and Vancouver last year so all I can offer is that we found prices much much better than the US so hopefully your money should go further than you expect.

We are looking to go back soon ourselves.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

If you like Theme parks and Roller Coasters you could fill 2 days by going to Canada's Wonderland in Toronto. We are going to Toronto for 2 weeks in August and have 3 days at Canada's wonderland and the water park. I agree Niagra is tacky and like Blackpool and a very tourist area. Toronto has a few sports arenas so you could take in a game while your there. Toronto also has many beaches if you like that sort of thing.
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MischiefManaged

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
If you like Theme parks and Roller Coasters you could fill 2 days by going to Canada's Wonderland in Toronto. We are going to Toronto for 2 weeks in August and have 3 days at Canada's Wonderland and the water park. I agree Niagra is tacky and like Blackpool and a very tourist area. Toronto has a few sports arenas so you could take in a game while your there. Toronto also has many beaches if you like that sort of thing.
oh are you really! that makes me feel a bit hopeful - i love theme parks! and yep i suppose beaches would be nice! so what do you do when your there and where abouts in Toronto do you stay? i would definitely consider a sports event though
MischiefManaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Hi, we went to Toronto in 2016, we were a big family group with ages ranging from 6 to 70. We spent 10 nights in Toronto -CN tower, Toronto zoo, aquarium, American/Canadian football game, Canada wonderland and shopping at the outlets! , we then spent 1 night at Niagara Falls - the falls are beautiful, we got the pass to do all of the activities. We then spent 4 nights at the Blue Mountains, great resort - beach, zip line, toboggan coaster, swimming, lots of restaurants etc. We loved our trip - so much to do there.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MischiefManaged

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
We went to the other coast and Vancouver last year so all I can offer is that we found prices much much better than the US so hopefully your money should go further than you expect.

We are looking to go back soon ourselves.
What was Vancouver like, prices, etc.weWe are considering splitting the trip now because we probably won't get a chance to visit again so we think rocky mountains should also be a must!

Old 9 Jan 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MischiefManaged

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Hi, we went to Toronto in 2016, we were a big family group with ages ranging from 6 to 70. We spent 10 nights in Toronto -CN tower, Toronto zoo, aquarium, American/Canadian football game, Canada wonderland and shopping at the outlets! , we then spent 1 night at Niagara Falls - the falls are beautiful, we got the pass to do all of the activities. We then spent 4 nights at the Blue Mountains, great resort - beach, zip line, toboggan coaster, swimming, lots of restaurants etc. We loved our trip - so much to do there.
Wow - sounds amazing! Just googled blue mountains resort and I got jealous haha! Looks absolutely amazing! I like the list of activities you provided, and I think we would add them on if we could
Old 9 Jan 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by MischiefManaged View Post
What was Vancouver like, prices, etc.weWe are considering splitting the trip now because we probably won't get a chance to visit again so we think rocky mountains should also be a must!

Vancouver was lovely. My wife was really taken with it.

We found hotel prices much cheaper than over the border in the US. Our cheapest hotel (after the Holiday inn Vancouver which I booked with points) was the Oak Bay Beach on Vancouver Island. A real 5 star resort in every way (bit posh for us really ) and yet so much cheaper than even the standard hotels in Washington or Vancouver.

Just found the £ went a lot further even with the post brexit hit.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List