Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Eurostar - transfer voucher to refund

Hi,

I have only recently read that you can apparently exchange your vouchers to a cash refund - has anyone done this ? Or has anyone received cash refunds due to a cancelled train?

We have two failed trips therefore two sets of vouchers... We could really use the money at the moment and are considering not going back due to us not being able to go from Ebbsfleet.

Going to phone tomorrow but just thought I'd see if anyone else has been successful.

Thanks
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Our train has been cancelled in Dec so I've been given a refund as I said I didn't want a voucher.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

I phoned and they said that they have sent the request over to a different department ... So will wait for a response. Feel very silly that I didn't just ask for a refund... Although at that time I thought we would go back before the changes with the direct trains.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
I phoned and they said that they have sent the request over to a different department ... So will wait for a response. Feel very silly that I didn't just ask for a refund... Although at that time I thought we would go back before the changes with the direct trains.
No, don't feel silly! I had to fight to get a cash refund for my May trip, and it took a couple of months!

Like you said, you thought you'd use a voucher. They were literally making out that it was the only option. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Did you have to escalate yours too?
Its not very transparent with what your options are... But I guess they are a business just trying to make money!
Really hoping I get it back and it won't come back to bite me in the bum because I opted for the voucher.
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
Did you have to escalate yours too?
Its not very transparent with what your options are... But I guess they are a business just trying to make money!
Really hoping I get it back and it won't come back to bite me in the bum because I opted for the voucher.
I actually used Resolver, I wasn't getting responses to regular emails. It was escalated to the option one below CEO. 😂

However, the reply telling me that I was actually getting the cash refund didn't come back through there. I'm assuming the person got the email, and made someone look for my previous correspondence. 🤷

Either way, they were definitely pushing vouchers only. This time I had randomly found a refund request page on their website, and bookmarked it, luckily. But didn't just wait for them to respond to the request form, I also messaged on Twitter (DM) with my booking number, name, travel dates... they'd responded within an hour (fastest response I've ever got) telling me that they'd processed my refund, and sent an email to confirm.

I have the email, but the money hasn't appeared just yet. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Hi, reviving this thread to see if anyone has managed to get a cash refund for vouchers? I found this website snowcarbon/blog/ho...ouchers-refund
and I'm going to try to get a refund as we can't now take the trip we had planned and I'm feeling that I'm only going to be booking a trip to use the vouchers, not because we are particularly keen for a Paris trip at the moment.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
Hi, reviving this thread to see if anyone has managed to get a cash refund for vouchers? I found this website snowcarbon/blog/ho...ouchers-refund
and I'm going to try to get a refund as we can't now take the trip we had planned and I'm feeling that I'm only going to be booking a trip to use the vouchers, not because we are particularly keen for a Paris trip at the moment.
Hi, I did manage to get a cash refund from them they actually cancelled my vouchers and just transferred me the refund instead. Have they cancelled your train?
Old 8 Oct 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I think the train was cancelled - I'm going to have to go back and look - we had booked to travel in August 2020 - we were going to go onto Barcelona but dh has changed jobs since and no longer has enough annual leave to do that. Thanks for the reply - I'll get an email out to them sorted - do you remember how long it took them to issue a refund?
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List