Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Nov 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope you had a good flight. How was the Christmas drink from M&S?
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Travel Day and Arrival at Cabana Bay.

Firstly I’ll review these:

I loved the pink one. It was pink gin, cranberry juice, and tonic. It was fruity and so easy to drink. Would recommend for sure. Now the Christmas one which was ‘Christmas Gin and Indian Tonic..’ I was intrigued by just what Christmas Gin was... well, it was different! It was strong on clove I thought with a hint of cinnamon. I couldn’t quite decide if I liked it - I thought it tasted a bit like a glade plug in on first sip but then really started to enjoy it so it’s worth a try I think

I had a lounge booked for travel day and I throughly enjoyed this.

I had a mimosa and fruit salad to start. It was billed as blueberries, melon, strawberries, and orange with yogurt if requested. I had it with the yogurt and this was the best bit. Unfortunately all of the fruit aside from the strawberries was really sour. The yogurt was so thick and creamy though so I did have a brave attempt but left most of it. The mimosa was Prosecco and orange but heavy on the Prosecco so at least it was worth while drinking.

I then had the full English breakfast without the mushrooms (bacon, poached egg, sausages, potato tots, beans and sourdough ‘toast’)

I loved this - the only disappointment was the bacon which was slightly anaemic and more like a ham and the sourdough ‘toast’ which was nice but definitely not toast; more bread for sure. The sausages were like Cumberland sausages with a gorgeous herby taste and the poached egg was perfect.

Then... a flight happened and I didn’t take one pic! First food report fail but I just really sat back and enjoyed it. I watched so many movies I hadn’t had chance to see and caught up on my book. Apologies - I will improve.

My immigration was a breeze - literally through in 5 minutes. And two questions, as to how long I was staying and where. Then a welcome back and I was told to enjoy my birthday in a few days - I think they’ve been taking customer service lessons

A quick monorail over and I caught a fabulous contender for ‘Goldia’s Christmas Corner’:

What a beauty! Nowhere does trees like the US - this was stunning!

My first few days are at Cabana Bay Beach Resort and I had a lovely guy check me in. He gave me a fab room just off the lobby as he noted I was solo and figured I’d prefer to be near everything which was super nice.

I had grand plans of heading to city walk for Panda Express but I was exhausted so opted for Bayliner Diner. I bought a resort mug which I think is fab value - 15.99 for 3 days or 18.99 for length of stay. It includes all Coke freestyle options, hot drinks, and slushies. They had cute new Christmas themed mugs so I had to get one - I figured I’d definitely use up the value in a couple of days.

This is the seating area at Bayliner Diner:

I thought the options at Bayliner Diner were lovely and had a nice twist on plain old QS meals. I had the Cabana Bay burger (beef burger, caramelised onions, Swiss cheese, fresh tomato and lettuce with fresh crinkle fries tossed in truffle salt with rosemary)

I was expecting average standard theme park style food but actually it was all cooked to order and extremely tasty. The burger was lovely and had such a nice flavour to the beef, with the caramelised onion giving a sweetness. The fries were perfect, hot, fresh and that truffle salt - can I just have that on everything please? So surprised as this was fairly cheap too.

And finally.. a second edition to ‘Goldia’s Christmas Corner..’

Cabana Bay Christmas Palm Trees

Today’s plan is Keke’s Breakfast Cafe, Voodoo Doughnuts and somewhere in Citywalk for dinner!

Thanks for reading along

Edited at 01:47 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start, glad you got there safe and sound.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Great travel day. I'm glad you settled in ok. Don't think much of the Cabana Bay palm trees. But the MCO tree is lovely.

Hope you're off having fun.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lindyT
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Ah thanks all just in the lounge now and enjoying the view.
Sorry to have missed wishing you "a safe journey" Have a wonderful time. Looking forward to reading your adventures! xxx Linda
lindyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Have a fantastic time. Love kekes. My favourite breakfast.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Following along. Cabana Bay is fab I was really impressed with everything they hotel had to offer. Enjoy your first full day 😊

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Great start, glad you got there safe and sound.
Yes, first time to Orlando solo and thought I might get a grilling at immigration but he was really nice.

Lovely weather here though the locals tell me it’s a lot cooler than average
Old 26 Nov 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Great travel day. I'm glad you settled in ok. Don't think much of the Cabana Bay palm trees. But the MCO tree is lovely.

Hope you're off having fun.
I promise cabana bay has other Christmas offerings which will be added to today’s offerings. I’ve also been light on the cocktails but I check in to WL today so I’m sure the Christmas theming and the cocktails will increase.
Old 26 Nov 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lindyT View Post
Sorry to have missed wishing you "a safe journey" Have a wonderful time. Looking forward to reading your adventures! xxx Linda
Ahh thank you so much. I was so anxious for travel day.. being solo and carrying a ton of blood thinning injections but really it couldn’t have gone smoother. It’s been so nice to relax and ease into the holiday at Cabana Bay before going full on theme park modes