Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Mar 16, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

Mobile Car hire with alamo

We've hired a car through Alamo as part of a fly drive package. We here now at SSR and wanting to upgrade to something bigger anyone any experience of upgrading mid hire period?do we have to drive back to the airport of can we go anywhere closer?

Thanks donna
AoA/RPROct 2014, New York Aug 2015, SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Poly March 2016, DLP June 2016, Las Vegas March 2017, DLP July 2017, Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017, DLP March 2018, Dubai April 2018, New York Dec 2018, DLP July 2019, Lapland Dec 2019, Dubai Aug 2022, Disney Magic Sept 2022, Dubai Oct 2022, RPR/AKL/Coronado springs/Contemporary April 2022
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Never upgraded mid hire but you could drop in at the Disney car care centre and ask?
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
As above. Expect to get fleeced though!
Upgrades are expensive!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnbelgar337
VIP Dibber

I had to return a car last year due to it being faulty,I took it to Dollar on the 192 but they advised me I had to take it back to where I picked it up which was at the airport
Johnbelgar337 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by donna252 View Post
We've hired a car through Alamo as part of a fly drive package. We here now at SSR and wanting to upgrade to something bigger anyone any experience of upgrading mid hire period?do we have to drive back to the airport of can we go anywhere closer?

Thanks donna
I'm sure they'll upgrade you at the Disney CCC, it's close to the entrance to MK.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Johnbelgar337 View Post
I had to return a car last year due to it being faulty,I took it to Dollar on the 192 but they advised me I had to take it back to where I picked it up which was at the airport
I hope you weren't too far away at the time then - that's really poor

OP I think its worth calling in at the car care centre just to get a price but as Mr Tom Morrow says it probably won't be cheap.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mmm. Probably why Dollar has such a small following on here!
I know you probably got a better service at the Airport but I wouldn't have taken the car there and eaten into my valuable time.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

I picked up a car from McCoy and took it back to the Disney car care centre to change with no issues!

If the car was faulty I would have refused to drive it and ask them to bring me a new one. Over the years I have done this twice, once with Dollar and once with Budget.
Upgraded with a full tank of fuel both times. :-)
Old 18 Mar 16, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
OP. Before you walk into the CCC I would have a look at the cost of hiring the car you currently have for the period left of your vacation. Then look at the class of what you would like to ascertain the difference in cost.
That way you are armed with an indicative cost so you don't get ripped off.

Old 19 Mar 16, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone gonna go to the car care center tomorrow and see what they say :-)
AoA/RPROct 2014, New York Aug 2015, SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Poly March 2016, DLP June 2016, Las Vegas March 2017, DLP July 2017, Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017, DLP March 2018, Dubai April 2018, New York Dec 2018, DLP July 2019, Lapland Dec 2019, Dubai Aug 2022, Disney Magic Sept 2022, Dubai Oct 2022, RPR/AKL/Coronado springs/Contemporary April 2022
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread