Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Dec 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Mobile You couldn’t make it up!

My other half put a deposit down on a new car on Friday night. We went to collect it this morning, and the bumper had been scratched.

No worries there, booked in for repair free of charge this week. Take the dogs out in the new car this afternoon, come back to find someone parked on our drive.

We blared the horn a few times, no one came out, so we ended up parking at the bottom of our drive, forcing them to knock on our door if they needed to be out. My car is parked in our garage, which I can’t even open because they’ve parked so far up our drive.

We’ve been home for approximately 45 minutes, and a neighbour opposite has just reversed into the new car (which wouldn’t have happened had we been able to park on our drive!)

My OH is absolutely gutted. Doesn’t look to be much damage and neighbour has offered to pay if there is but he’s now away door to door to see who’s parked on our drive!

Happy New Year, eh?
Old 31 Dec 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear Not good hope you get it sorted soon xx
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Oh dear! At least its at the end of the year. New Year, new start and all that!
Who on earth would park on someone's drive if you didnt know them?!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh no, what a rubbish end to the year. Why on earth has someone parked on your private driveway, I don't get that at all. They have caused this whole debacle.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Crikey ! Not a good day!

And what a cheek of someone parking on your drive!

I'd turn the lights off and ignore the door when it goes for you to move your car and let them suffer! You could be away for two weeks for all they know !
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. My God, you couldn't make this up as you say. I'm not surprised you are bouncing. I hope the damage isn't too bad. Please tell me it's not a brand new car?

I must say I would be blocking the offending car in for at least 24 hours. How dare they use your drive.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Oh no that’s not good, really poor that someone parked on your drive 😡 I hope you manage to get it sorted.
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

BLimey! Cheeky sods.
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
And they have 4 inflated tyres, you do show restraint.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. My God, you couldn't make this up as you say. I'm not surprised you are bouncing. I hope the damage isn't too bad. Please tell me it's not a brand new car?

I must say I would be blocking the offending car in for at least 24 hours. How dare they use your drive.
It’s a 17 plate, so pretty much brand new! We’ve managed to track down the girl who parked on our drive - apparently she thought it was for the house next door which is currently standing empty as it’s up for sale. Looks like I’m ordering a sign tonight!

Hopefully the bad luck doesn’t follow us into the New Year 😐