Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Mar 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
colquhoun
Proud to wear my Ears

Manny chophouse and sonny's bab

Has any one are there and are they worth a visit on highway 27.
colquhoun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Only been to Manny's (the one on US27 at Haines City and the newer one on US192)

Depends where you are staying really and how far you have to travel. We are only 20 minutes from Haines City so we go at least once every holiday. Never had a bad meal and is popular with locals with a lively ambience.

However if pushed and just looking for steak quality I wouldn't drive past a Longhorn or a Texas to get to Manny's if I was not nearby.

In our opinion Manny's at Haines much better than 192 which was really disappointing.

Mick
Old 16 Mar 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I love Manny's although we do tend to go to the one down at Lake Wales, we can always get a table there. Sonny's BBQ is good for their baby back ribs, many years ago there used to be one down the 192 by marker 15 but that one closed a while ago but there are several others around.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

They are our local resturants we use the WinterHaven one though as it's not as busy we've been in twice this holiday
Sonnys were in there on Wednesday and had a really nice meal
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

I don't see the attraction with Manny's - long waiting times (call ahead if you are going and they'll put you on the list) and almost nothing for vegetarians (which I am) so we never go to Manny's but I know most people rave about them so I always tell people about it and they can make their own decision. [Didn't help last time I went they'd run out of chips, baked potatoes & I don't eat salad so as a veggie I got nothing] People travel from far and wide to go there so on the law of averages I'd have to say go give it a try. Supposedly the newer ones, including one on the 192 is not as good but I've also read of some good experiences there too. Check which days kids eat free if you have any, or they do other offers that might appeal more some days than others.

I have done Sonny's BBQ - again, not great for non-meat eaters but they do at least have a few sides I can eat. It was quiet, frequented by locals (the Haines City one) and the food there was good. We rarely go as there are better places for veggies but still, it's not bad.

If you are going out of your way to Haines City though I'd try Manny's of the two as of them both it has the better reputation.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sallytyler
slightly serious Dibber

Our villa is only just up the road from the best one at Haines City.
Definitely worth a visit :-)
Sallytyler is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
colquhoun
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks
colquhoun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Mannys is fab but do the one in Haines city.
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mannys at Haines City is really good but get there at 4pm if you want a table straight away as it gets very busy
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 03:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We came in about an hour ago from Sonnys our last meal before Ds1DIL and 23 month old Gds go home tomorrow DH still had on his marshalls shirt he was on the 10th from the Arnold Palmer invitation and they waved the bill why Gds ate starter portion of ribs and brisket and DH was a voulteer for Arnies army (any body who's interested in vouleenterimg for the golf just pm it's hard work but it's the second time DH has done it and next springs holiday is booked round it our friends have used his free passes this week )
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List