Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks everyone - overall, people's comments are pretty reassuring. It sounds like they aren't that dissimilar to other carriers. As long as we can choose seats, we get fed and watered, and the in flight entertainment is decent we're pretty easy going.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneysocks View Post
Flew AA LHR to Dallas in July, then returned Chicago to LHR. Economy seats comfortable enough. IFE has great choice. Staff we’re round 5 times offering drinks and more were available anytime on request. Food we thought was pretty good for airline food. If I could figure out how to put on photos of the food I would 😉

We were happy with the flight but unfortunately the only small down side was the flight home was delayed and as with any non EU regulated airline we were not entitled to EU compensation.

We found a great deal with Lufthansa who use Delta as a codeshare for our outbound flight next year so for the right price, it definitely hasn’t put me off booking a non EU flight.

I would fly with AA again with no hesitation if the price was right.
Will the EU regs apply anymore if we leave on 31 October with no deal? We've just travelled with Delta and liked them. I had to say no to drinks to the end as they seemed to come round every half an hour on the outbound flight. Atlanta is also a great hub if flying south as the second flight to Florida was so short.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

We just did a short flight with AA - TPA to MIA so probably not really comparable to a long haul but it was fine. We booked with BA and the rest of our journey was with them. AA allocated seats for us straight away, all sat together. The BA legs we had to pay for seat selection.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't remember if main cabin seats were free as we booked main cabin extra straightaway which we had to pay a little extra for - nowhere near as much as BA charge though!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Mobile

We flew to New York with them last December. If you can get main cabin extra for a good price I would do that. The seats we had were like premium seats with BA. Food is grim but so is most airline food!
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
justus2again
Imagineer

We flew with AA this year booked through BA really enjoyed the AA flights the only flight we had bad was the BA flight from heathrow to manchester the other 3 legs were with AA crew were happy food good and leg room good for economy BA was the only flight that had a change of time and crew that were miserable
2005 southern dunes 2007 legacy park 2007 southern dunes 2008 lake Wilson 2009 southern dunes 2010 Hampton lakes 2011 greater groves 2012 Windsor palms 2013 southern dunes 2014 vista park 2015 villa Lindfields 2016 west haven villa 2017 acorn villa 2018 villa silver creek 2019 champions gate 2020 2021 the years of no go 2022 all booked for this year
justus2again is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Not long haul but we had no complaints flying with them from Orlando up to jfk.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Echo18 View Post
Will the EU regs apply anymore if we leave on 31 October with no deal? We've just travelled with Delta and liked them. I had to say no to drinks to the end as they seemed to come round every half an hour on the outbound flight. Atlanta is also a great hub if flying south as the second flight to Florida was so short.
EU regs should still apply according to some websites. The following was taken from the air help site.

Your air passenger rights will not be affected by Brexit in the immediate future. Back in June 2018 the UK passed the EU Withdrawal Bill. This copied much EU legislation into UK law, including the current EU laws on air passenger rights.

That means that passengers whose flights are cancelled, delayed or overbooked would be entitled to the same compensation and assistance as they would when the UK was within the EU.

Similarly, passengers with reduced mobility will be entitled to the same assistance from airports and airlines.

Once the UK leaves the EU, updates that the EU make to the regulations will no longer apply to the UK, unless the UK makes the decision to copy them. The UK may also decide to review the laws and make their own changes.
Disneysocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

My DS, girlfriend and friend flew back AA today. Mco Charlotte, LHR they said the leg to Charlotte was fine albeit a very old plane that seemed quite roomy. The second leg was awful, food was dreadful, very cramped and a teenager sat behind who kept poking her in the back with the entertainment screen.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Strange that I rate AA above both Virgin and BA
I do too
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List