Old 8 Nov 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Ooh we must have overlapped! Well done. Not ideal, I know, but fingers crossed something will come up for 24th
Thanks!

The other option was the Tuesday before which would mean a 13 night trip which I really donít want. I still have one free change which I assume means I could still cancel and use the miles for miles plus money flights for the original dates if necessary. Iíve also set up an alert on Seat Spy for economy reward seats for the Friday which would be an option.

Iím just a bit twitched about the additional annual leave. I havenít asked for the time off at all however Iím a team lead with no counterpart so itís not a major issue. My line manager pays zero attention to when Iím on holiday. I could sneak in an extra week and I doubt sheíd even realise . Iím very honest though and my holidays are on the team spreadsheet so I canít pull a fast one!

Trip Report Index

Edited at 12:50 PM.
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well, after all that it looks like the economy seats have come back down to where they were when Mum & Dad booked. We discussed it and agreed that returning on the 28th, 4 days later than we wanted to just wasnít going to work so the best thing to do was call VA and get a refund so we could book the economy delight seats using points plus money.
While Iím hanging on the phone my mobile goes and itís VA in response to my complaint. Spoke to a lovely girl who could do absolutely nothing for me. It seems no one has the power to move us from the 28th to the 24th. I assume not even God. So she passes me to customer services to see if they can help and in the meantime I check flights again only to see that PE isnít even coming up as an option. So thereís no way weíre getting reward seats on the 24th. They guy in customer services still can really help me in any meaningful way and confirmed PE is full on the 24th so weíve went for the refund. As much as I hate doing it weíve used all the points to get money off the flights bringing them down to less than we paid in taxes and fees for PE. The customer service guy says he doesnít think points plus money is good value - well it is if you have no other choice!

The main thing is that weíre booked and sitting behind Mum & Dad. Iím going to keep my eyes peeled because I think we could potentially upgrade to PE on the outbound which would be better than nothing.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List