Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Sep 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
blizzard
Looking for my Ears

Question How to queue up but leave at the last minute?

I didn't know how to post this question, so sorry for the strange heading!

Hi all

We are a family of 4, two adults and two children 11 and 15, but both with cognitive disabilities. They need adult supervision in the queues for the attractions.
I am unable to ride on most of the attractions because of previous heart issues, however I want to be with my wife and children in the queue for a couple of reasons.

a) to be part of the family experience
b) to help my wife ensure our children are safe

Has anyone experienced this type of challenge before, where you queue, but leave at the last moment? If I join the lines, and walk with my family right up to the ride, I want to then make my way to the exit to meet them, after they have their thrills.

We have tickets for WDW, Universal and Seaworld, so in effect, I will be wanting to drop out at the last moment at all theme parks.

Thanks

Blizzard
blizzard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Its not a Problem. There is a ‘chicken’ exit before you board the ride. Just let the cast member know you won’t be riding.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

You can definitely do this at universal. I did this so I could experience theming but I don’t do big rides so I went to either the exit to wait or a room where people switch other if they have a small child. When I git to the front of each line I said I’m not riding and they directed me.
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Averryy
Earning More Ears

I would have thought this is quite a common occurrence, considering the amount of people that go to theme parks.

Most rides will allow you to just "slip" to the exit, when you would "board the ride". Others, particularly roller coasters may not be as easy. With these, I would suggest you speak to the assistant who waves people through the queue and they will probably have to let you go onto the roller coaster and then off the other side. As usually you get on at one side and get off on the other side of the platform.

Edited at 04:16 PM.
Averryy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just tell a cast member when you get to the front, they will show you how to leave the line. Most, if not all, rides have a ‘chicken exit’ so it won’t be difficult and you won’t be the only person doing this.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

Can your children not get a disability assistance pass? This would limit the amount of queuing that would be required? Maybe you are doing this anyway?
annachief is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by annachief View Post
Can your children not get a disability assistance pass? This would limit the amount of queuing that would be required? Maybe you are doing this anyway?
das works similar to fastpass so you still have to queue just hopefully not as long.

as said you can queue with the other then exit when its your turn to board I've done it lots of times. My youngest has a habit of deciding right at the last minute he doesn't actually want to go on a ride so we'll end up exiting while the others ride.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Just to echo about the coasters getting on one side and having to possibly walk across the coaster to get out the exit.

My 4yr old wanted to queue up to watch his 12yr brother get on the coaster type rides. On Manta at Seaworld the operator asked us to walk back out the entrance queue we had just come through.
On Montu at Busch Gardens we walked across through the ride.
And and some if the Disney one’s we were asked to walk back down the Fastpass queue or as mentioned before down the “chicken out” exit which usually just met up with the normal exit.
At Universal we walked across the Hulk ride but nearly all the others back out the express pass queue.

So don’t worry it’s perfectly normal at all the parks.

Edited to say some of the rides lets us wait behind the exit gate to see them get back off - just to see their faces after they’d experienced them!

Edited at 07:36 PM. Reason: Add info
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

Also Disney has child swap places. So you could try that
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

my husband and eldest son did this on pretty much all rides at both Disney and Universal so its fine to do it.