Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Sep 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Turkey over half term

Hi!

Does anyone else have Turkey booked for over half term? We’re going for four nights, staying at the Holliday Village. We haven’t told the girls yet as we’ve cancelled so much this year and if it goes onto the quarantine list before we go then we’ll have to cancel for my job. I’m a bit worried that it goes on the list while we’re away but I’m hoping we have more of an idea of that happening before we left, if it was to happen.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi, I will be booking but will do so nearer the time, so if anything happens I'll know. However, as it's one of the only desirable places due to flight duration etc that's not on the list, I run the risk of not going anywhere. It's not easy is it. I normally take my sons friend with us on on short trips to keep him company, but have only now decided against this as it's too many variables as it is, but someone from a completely different household exposed to completely different people, is just adding more into an already worrying mix. Other than not go anywhere, there is no easy answer. Good luck with you trip and I hope all goes well
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

At this stage I’d be fairly optimistic that Turkey stays off the quarantine list but that can obviously change quickly. What concerns me more is the possibility of developing symptoms when you are out there, what happens then, is it 2 weeks isolation in your hotel room and missing your flights home?!
Perthite is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I just come back from Turkey and I loved it not having been there before - we were just up to the road from Holiday Village in the Hilton - it is beautiful all round there!
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

We are going for 2 weeks this Saturday. Never been before so hoping we like it. 👍

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I was dubious but I really liked Turkey (we flew into Dalaman). I would happily go again!
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_Potts View Post
I was dubious but I really liked Turkey (we flew into Dalaman). I would happily go again!
I have been looking at Dalaman as BA have some fab prices. I’ve been to Lara beach previously in October
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Hi, we are looking to book Turkey for half term as well. Likely leave it until the weekend before to book and go Friday to Friday, so that if the quarantine should be introduced while we are there we should be ok as it’s usually from 4am on the Saturday. Keeping everything crossed- some of the hotels look fabulous, and I’m not thrilled at the idea of a wet grey week at home with nothing to do!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We go the Scottish School week most years, flying into Antalya. Wasn’t sure we would get there this year but it’s looking pretty stable at the moment. We are Fri to Fri so should make it back if Quarantine comes into play.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We are looking at going to Turkey this weekend, not been to Turkey for nearly 30 years, wasn't keen the first time but I'm sure it has changed.
We are looking at flights into Dalaman as they suit our dates/times. Seen a TUI hotel on the seafront that looks OK in Marmaris, Grand Azur.
Just looking to chill out, us two, and hire a car and set off looking for nice seacapes and scenery.
Hubby really needs a break and must take some of his annual leave at this time or lose it so may as well chill out abroad in the warmth than as here.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List