Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Sep 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Hi, we are looking to book Turkey for half term as well. Likely leave it until the weekend before to book and go Friday to Friday, so that if the quarantine should be introduced while we are there we should be ok as it’s usually from 4am on the Saturday. Keeping everything crossed- some of the hotels look fabulous, and I’m not thrilled at the idea of a wet grey week at home with nothing to do!
Oh that’s interesting, I had wondered if there’s been a pattern of when places have gone onto the quarantine list. I would have thought they wouldn’t lock it down during half term as so many families will be out there and it would be disruptive getting people back to work/school so assumed they’d either do it after half term or if the figures looked bad, just before.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I’ve been looking at Turkey for half term too. We were supposed to fly to Florida on the 17th, so looking at this instead. Leaving it until last minute though as have already had 2 holidays cancelled this year. Rhodes and Kos are also an option if no quarantine in place by then.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Hi!

Does anyone else have Turkey booked for over half term? We’re going for four nights, staying at the Holliday Village. We haven’t told the girls yet as we’ve cancelled so much this year and if it goes onto the quarantine list before we go then we’ll have to cancel for my job. I’m a bit worried that it goes on the list while we’re away but I’m hoping we have more of an idea of that happening before we left, if it was to happen.
We’ve stayed next door some years ago but it used to be all one hotel .
It’s a lovely part of Turkey quite unspoiled still .
I would highly recommend the jeep safari - great fun .
If you get a chance visit the Turtle sanctuary - the work they do is amazing .and the beach they are near is just lovely.
Have a lovely time .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looks like Turkey is off for half term!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Was just about to add the same, just listening to Simon Calder now on bbc news
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Yep Turkey is a no no unless you hibernate on return ...
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Aww god. Looks like I’ll have to start getting my money back then.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Turkey’s infection rates have been low and stable, the reason for the decision seems to be an implication that the figures there are being systematically underreported.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
Turkey’s infection rates have been low and stable, the reason for the decision seems to be an implication that the figures there are being systematically underreported.
Therefore there is no confidence that their “infection rate is low and stable” - let’s hope this is a wake up call for Turkey who already have some serious issues that need addressing
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Well we were supposed to be flying today but have now changed to Corfu. We were only there 5 weeks ago but love it so we are happy. 👍 Hotel and transfers were refundable but Easyjet flights were still going so we either lost the money or changed destination. But all sorted and looking forward to getting back to Greece. ❤

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List