Old 8 Nov 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I don’t buy for a lot of people anyway, will still do exactly the same.
Hubby, son, parents , nephew and brother.
I have a few close friends but only one that we swap gifts for.
I will still buy her. So no different this year.
Old 8 Nov 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
We plan to send more presents than usual this year to cheer people up, and although Christmas has no religious significance to me but it's still the most wonderful time of the year.

I would never preach to anyone about their beliefs but i find it such a shame people don’t feel any religious significance to anything as it’s a wonderful feeling,I feel such a sense of peace and calm when I go to church more so than when I try to pray at home as it’s never calm and quiet. My church are doing online services but it’s not the same but at least I can sing at home merry Christmas MH xx
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes we will do this, now kids are older- makes sense anyway. Definitely not going to buy the boxed Shower gel stuff🙂
Just buying for Hubby, kids and mum but 100% scaled back.👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Good god, we need something to look forward to this year...Bah humbug 🙄
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

A lot of us are already done and dusted ... it was obvious we were heading for lockdown, so everything was bought early for Christmas, from local retailers.

Christmas lunch is in the freezer, presents wrapped and ready to give or send and Christmas cards bought this year as I think some of my relatives would appreciate a few words rather than just an email/phone call which is all they have had all through this year as many are extremely vulnerable (and many, many miles away).

But despite all this, I really just want to be able to see my daughter, no presents required.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We did this many, many years ago. Christmas is mainly a religious celebration for me so it has never been about the gifts.
I spoil my 3 children though, they don’t receive any other gifts apart from my mum. I also buy for my mum, sometimes my husband if he is on the good list 🤗
I have signed up for the dibb secret santa this year to help bring an extra smile to someone this miserable year.
I buy my self slippers, pjs and chocolates every year so that my husband can give them to my children to wrap and I act all surprised on Christmas morning, that way I know they will fit and I love them 😍
The odd time my husband gets me a surprise but its not an every year thing.
We met on Christmas eve so we are always romantic with each other at Christmas time but it doesn’t usually involve gifts, we just cuddle more and talk about how we met and how we felt etc.

Sorry I didn’t mean to waffle on but Christmas is my favourite season, I love the music, the lights, the corny Christmas movies and especially church over Christmas. Being incredibly poor growing up Christmas has never been about gifts 🥰
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Good god, we need something to look forward to this year...Bah humbug 🙄
I feel it’s only my family members that appreciate a good old box of toiletries🤔😂
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
I only buy for immediate family, my mum buys for every child under 18 in our family, including one in Australia and one in kwala lumpar! . I've told her she's mad but she won't listen.
I love your Mum! ❤️
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
A lot of us are already done and dusted ... it was obvious we were heading for lockdown, so everything was bought early for Christmas, from local retailers.

Christmas lunch is in the freezer, presents wrapped and ready to give or send and Christmas cards bought this year as I think some of my relatives would appreciate a few words rather than just an email/phone call which is all they have had all through this year as many are extremely vulnerable (and many, many miles away).

But despite all this, I really just want to be able to see my daughter, no presents required.
We got all of our shopping done early this year too. Everything was bought and wrapped by the 01st of November, all the cards are wrote too. Plus I’ve got pigs in blankets in the freezer and an apple pie for dessert too. I also was worried another lockdown would happen and I just wanted it all sorted before that happened. I’m usually done though by December 01st in normal times, so a month early this year.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My son 24 thinks as we’ve had such a bad year he deserves to be spoilt by me. He’s bought a ps5 and has requested expensive games for it! I’ve told our friends Who’s grown up kids we buy for that this year is the last time as their dd is 18 soon. I try to only buy gifts that can be used, I bought Harry Potter Dobble last Year and it’s never been touched! I suppose after the awful year we’ve had present giving is one joy we have left!