Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 21 Mar 16, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
The 13th Duke
Getting Excited

It's no distance from the I4 and we also discovered the toll road on our last journey which is one exit up from the CG exit and takes you in about 5 minutes right out to the 192 by the restaurants/shopping complex with Super Target, Longhorns etc. Big big thumbs up for the area here! [/QUOTE]

Another double thumbs up for Champions Gate - we will be there in July, cant wait ! Didn't know about this toll road lydscl, could be a good tip, will look out for it, thanks .

Edited at 10:52 AM.
The 13th Duke is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

That's toll road 429. Been using it regularly now when we go. You right turn onto 192 and longhorn etc. is immediately on your right. It means only a short drive on I4 as it's the first exit once you turn onto the I4 from Championsgate.

The 429 is a really quiet drive or at least that stretch to/from I4 to/from 192 is really quiet.

As for the Championsgate area, I love it. You also aren't too far from the (big/large/huge - none of those work in front of this without putting them in brackets) Dick's sporting goods store, Best Buy etc. at the intersection between I4 and Highway 27. A new cinema has also opened up here which is a bonus. There is a lovely back road along the Ronald Reagan Parkway called Pine Tree Trail that has hardly any traffic on it and allows you to aovid the 27/I4 if you wish and it brings you right into that area.
Trip #16: In planning

Edited at 12:49 PM.
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by The 13th Duke View Post
It's no distance from the I4 and we also discovered the toll road on our last journey which is one exit up from the CG exit and takes you in about 5 minutes right out to the 192 by the restaurants/shopping complex with Super Target, Longhorns etc. Big big thumbs up for the area here!
Another double thumbs up for Champions Gate - we will be there in July, cant wait ! Didn't know about this toll road lydscl, could be a good tip, will look out for it, thanks .[/QUOTE]

We'd always avoided it as it's a 'toll' but for something silly like 75c it was worth it, such a quiet road
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape View Post
That's toll road 429. Been using it regularly now when we go. You right turn onto 192 and longhorn etc. is immediately on your right. It means only a short drive on I4 as it's the first exit once you turn onto the I4 from Championsgate.

The 429 is a really quiet drive or at least that stretch to/from I4 to/from 192 is really quiet.

As for the Championsgate area, I love it. You also aren't too far from the (big/large/huge - none of those work in front of this without putting them in brackets) Dick's sporting goods store, Best Buy etc. at the intersection between I4 and Highway 27. A new cinema has also opened up here which is a bonus. There is a lovely back road along the Ronald Reagan Parkway called Pine Tree Trail that has hardly any traffic on it and allows you to aovid the 27/I4 if you wish and it brings you right into that area.
Ahh that's the one the 429, wasn't sure of the name of it! Didn't know about the cinema at the shopping centre down by best buy etc, the books-a-million down there is our go to book store. Always get a bargain there. Didn't know about Pine Tree Trail, will look at that as well, thanks for the tip.
Old 21 Mar 16, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We are on Champions Gate at the moment, go home tomorrow, the I-4 and 192 have both been manic this last 2 weeks, we have used Poinciana every time then up Orange Blossom to avoid I-4 which seemed to be at a stand still every day, we also use Avalon Road to take us up to Winter Gardens or up to the 50 depending on where we are going to.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lydscl View Post
Didn't know about the cinema at the shopping centre down by best buy etc, the books-a-million down there is our go to book store. Always get a bargain there. Didn't know about Pine Tree Trail, will look at that as well, thanks for the tip.
I think the cinema might be right beside books a million IIRC. Also use books a million regularly when we are there. Always pick up a few good bargains on childrens books for my 4 year old and he likes walking round that shop as they have some toys as well.
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape View Post
I think the cinema might be right beside books a million IIRC. Also use books a million regularly when we are there. Always pick up a few good bargains on childrens books for my 4 year old and he likes walking round that shop as they have some toys as well.
cinepolisusa/polk-county.aspx

Right by best buy lovely Cinema and easier parking than the AMC at Disney Springs.

Alison
Old 21 Mar 16, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
This will be are 5th time staying in CG area we love it!

Thanks for the 429 tip is the shopping centre Posner Park with the awesome super target and jc penny?
Old 21 Mar 16, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyD View Post
This will be are 5th time staying in CG area we love it!

Thanks for the 429 tip is the shopping centre Posner Park with the awesome super target and jc penny?
Yeah Posner Park.
Old 21 Mar 16, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread