Notices

Old 8 Mar 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 8

This morning was out longest lie in yet, we woke at 7.30am. Still ridiculously early now we're into the second week. We got up and decided as we were going to moonlight magic at animal kingdom tonight we'd give the parks a miss this morning/afternoon and head to the outlets on international drive. We arrived around 11pm and the car park was pretty busy, one of the frustrations of the outlets is the number of spaces for paid/valet parking. It's makes finding a bone paying space pretty difficult. Our shopping trip last week was alright in terms of purchases, today we nailed it. In Ted baker I found a pair of jeans in the sale that fit absolutely perfectly. These were $36 down from $185. DH bought a 3 piece suit (trousers/jacket/waistcoat), all matching and all in his size. The jacket alone was down from over $600 to $120. He'd been on the lookout for a new suit for a year or so so could t believe his luck at finding this. Next we bought some of the random flavours of Lindt chocolates in the Lindt shop. 40 chocolates for $17, there were all flavours we couldn't get at home.

Character warehouse wasn't at all busy compared with the Vineland store which was nice, meant we could have a proper look round. I got a hoody for $19.99 and we got a couple of Christmas ornaments for our tree.

Final purchases were made in Levi's where DH got 2 pairs of jeans and I got 1. The were $39 each if you bought 3 pairs so a great deal. Pleased with our purchases we made our way back to the 192 and headed to millers for a late lunch, it was almost 3pm by the time we arrived.

Our server was absolutely brilliant and so lovely! We ordered our drinks, coke for DH, Diet Coke for me and a lemonade for Dd.

For our meals DH and I shared, we had a zinger mountain melt with Medium sauce. This is sooooo good! It's a plate of fries with chicken strips in a medium sauce, topped with cheese, spring onion and bacon bits. It comes with ranch and blue cheese sauce.

We also got the spinach and artichoke dip with came with a plate of tortilla chips to dip in. This was nice enough, something I've never had before but not something I'd hurry to order again. The spicy salsa with it was really good.

Dd had meatballs and tagliatelle, this came with garlic bread and was a huge portion.

For desert we got our usual captain jacks buried treasure and shared between us, this is everything I love in a dessert on one plate. Chocolate, ice cream and caramel.

Our total came to $44 which is a complete bargain!we came back to mystic dunes to drop off our purchases and put in an hour or so before heading out to animal kingdom for the Disney vacation club moonlight magic members event.

I took DS out for a walk around the resort, it was such a warm afternoon/evening but overcast so it was lovely. DH and Dd went to the pool for an hour or so.

Around 7pm we left for animal kingdom, we took the shortcut from the 192 down sherberth road and were in the car park in no time. We parked right up at the front at the end of peacock 9 so we had a 2 minute walk to the entrance. Just as we arrived it started spitting with rain and we thought we were going to be in for a wash out of an evening. Fortunately this didn't last long! After bag check we made our way to the even check in area and got our wristbands, quick service voucher and game coupon.

We made our way to pandora as I had managed to make a fastpass for Navi river. DH waited this one out with DS as he was falling asleep in his pram. After this we had a wander around the park, everywhere was ‘closing' while the regular park hours came to an end at 8pm and the park guests were leaving. We eventually decided now would be a good time to get some food using our vouchers. We agreed on flame tree bbq as it's our usual go to quick service in animal kingdom. The queue was quite long but probably not much worse than peak lunch time. DH ordered the ribs and chicken combo which comes with coleslaw and beans.

I had the pulled pork mac and cheese, this came with onion rings and coleslaw on top. I really enjoyed this, there was loads of pulled pork and the mac cheese was really cheesy.
Dd had a kids hot dog meal, this came with a Danone yoghurt, cookie and chocolate milk.
DH and I got a Minute Maid lemonade as our drink which was included too.
The total for this rang up to $45 but we paid using our vouchers for this evening.

After we'd finished eating it was 9pm and the event had started, we went over to dinoland and used our game tokens, we let Dd use all 3 but unfortunately she didn't win anything.

After the games we came across a dance party with Minnie, Mickey, Pluto and daisy, they were dancing with each of the kids and it was really good fun.

Dd wanted to go on dinosaur so we headed up that way and her and DH went on whilst I sat outside the exit with a sleeping DS. They were on and off really quickly and Dd decided she would like to go again and ride with me. We walked all the way through an empty queue into an empty pre ride video, after watching that we walked straight onto a ride vehicle waiting. It was brilliant literally no queue at all!

After chasing the iguanodon Dd and I were off to ride triceratops soon, on the way over we saw Pluto now at the dance party so had a dance with him first.
When we got to triceratops soon there was again no queue and we were on a mostly empty ride. These crowd at the event was either really minimal or they were all in pandora.

We walked on round to Everest and again this was a walk on, never thought I would see the day! Dd and I went first, she had a moment as we set off but when she got off decided she wanted to go again with DH! There was also a special viewing of rivers of light on during the event. We did a couple of the character meets, there was Mowgli and baloo in the adventure outpost. 2 of the 3 calabreros near the tough to be a bug exit. Doug, russell and the old guy further down by the tree of life, Kevin was near the entrance to dinoland, we also so jiminy cricket and Pocahontas.

We called into Starbucks where they were giving out free ice creams, we got ourselves a Mickey bar each and by this point Dd was starting to flag so she reluctantly agreed to call it a night. It was starting to rain again at this point so we thought it was for the best in case it came on heavy. We walked back to the car and were back at the resort just before midnight, we were all quickly sorted for bed and asleep in no time!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 8 Mar 20 2:39 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That was a lovely evening at Animal Kingdom

Joan
Old 10 Mar 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Some good shopping bargains especially the hoody and the jeans.

The evening sounds great.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Successful shopping trip! I have no idea how you got all that done with two little Ones in tow

The moonlight magic event sounds great & always lovely to have low crowds x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List