Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsNobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
I’ve just moved Oct to April 😢 really want to get away though and was considering Barbados but we’ve never been. Would love to know where you’ve booked?
I have booked a 2 bedroom Garden Suite with pool at the Crane Resort for 4 adults 1 child flying from Newcastle to LHR then LGW to BGI with BA for 13 nights.

We did have 7 nights at The Grove and 6 nights in 2 bedroom suite at HRH. Then we were going to buy 4 days Disney base and 14 days Universal and 2 nights HHN.

Adding everything together its cheaper to go to Barbados for us.

BA have been fab, no cancellation charges and everything booked including seats (daughter 23 has SEN so we get seat booking for free)

There are some good deals to Barbados for October.
MrsNobby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

buddy...my eldest son is 21 and still wants go and youngest is 18 and feels same... so dont think yi have much to worry about :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by alvin_purple View Post
The covid numbers in Florida are obviously bad. The number of confirmed cases are indeed rising, but you need to be careful how you interpret the data.

For want of a better term, a better way to look at it is the death rate. This has remained flat, it hasn’t shot up along with the confirmed cases. Obviously we want to see the daily death numbers dropping, not staying flat.
To put it into perspective the UK has a population of 66million and had 44,000 deaths.
Florida’s population is about a third of ours so if they were hit as bad as us you would expect about 14,000 deaths.
Thankfully their death rate is significantly less at around 4,000.

So the UK has been hit a lot worse than Florida.
The next month will tell the tail. If the death rate doesn’t start to climb even with lockdown lifted then there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
The average age of those tested positive has dropped and younger people are more likely to survive. Remember there is a lag between when someone is tested positive and a reported death. Some predictions suggesting Florida could have 10k total deaths by the end of this month, one prediction is 14k.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
robotango
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Just had a message (3rd time lucky) from Virgin saying we CAN move them 😀
Did you actually get this sorted, I'm due to fly with Virgin to Tampa in October, got told I could take an open ticket but when I went back a couple of days later was told that "company policy" had changed and they expect to fly in October
robotango is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by robotango View Post
Did you actually get this sorted, I'm due to fly with Virgin to Tampa in October, got told I could take an open ticket but when I went back a couple of days later was told that "company policy" had changed and they expect to fly in October
I have just cancelled today 😢 Going with the open ticket option. Just waiting for them to come back to confirm.

That's me out. Thank you all for all the positivity and looking on the bright side 🙂

I really hope you are all able to stick with your plans and I will be cheering for everyone until the last minute x
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
robotango
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I have just cancelled today 😢 Going with the open ticket option. Just waiting for them to come back to confirm.

That's me out. Thank you all for all the positivity and looking on the bright side 🙂

I really hope you are all able to stick with your plans and I will be cheering for everyone until the last minute x
There still insisting I can’t take an open ticket for my flights in October, I want to move to next year but for the four of us they want £600 plus the fare difference
robotango is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’ve now been offered a voucher from BA but I’ve only paid the deposit so far... if I can get a voucher for the deposit I’ll take it and put it towards a rebooking next year. I don’t want to fork out the whole balance for a voucher of the same value... all that money gone with nothing booked in - no way. I don’t want to book yet, I want to see how the situation plays out. Plus I want the full Disney experience, it costs too much not to.

I’ve written off hope for October. I’m normally so positive but I just don’t think things will be lifted by then.

Now I’m starting the hope for April or August 21!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wazowskiscar View Post
I’ve now been offered a voucher from BA but I’ve only paid the deposit so far... if I can get a voucher for the deposit I’ll take it and put it towards a rebooking next year. I don’t want to fork out the whole balance for a voucher of the same value... all that money gone with nothing booked in - no way. I don’t want to book yet, I want to see how the situation plays out. Plus I want the full Disney experience, it costs too much not to.

I’ve written off hope for October. I’m normally so positive but I just don’t think things will be lifted by then.

Now I’m starting the hope for April or August 21!
We will hopefully use ours for 2022 🙂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsNobby View Post
I have booked a 2 bedroom Garden Suite with pool at the Crane Resort for 4 adults 1 child flying from Newcastle to LHR then LGW to BGI with BA for 13 nights.

We did have 7 nights at The Grove and 6 nights in 2 bedroom suite at HRH. Then we were going to buy 4 days Disney base and 14 days Universal and 2 nights HHN.

Adding everything together its cheaper to go to Barbados for us.

BA have been fab, no cancellation charges and everything booked including seats (daughter 23 has SEN so we get seat booking for free)

There are some good deals to Barbados for October.
Thank you going to take a look 🤗
Old 13 Jul 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by robotango View Post
There still insisting I can’t take an open ticket for my flights in October, I want to move to next year but for the four of us they want £600 plus the fare difference
That doesn't sound right? Just had confirmation of my open ticket now. Up to 2 changes permitted valid until 30th Sep 2022. It's done by value not class of travel so we've just got the value of 2 UC seats to use by then.

I'm just relieved and sad at the same time.