Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 Sep 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jimboxlo
Helping Minnie

So Is Anyone Actually Going in 2022?

So after having to cancel trips in 2020 & 2021 we've made the decision to not even consider going in 2022 for the following reasons.

We are tired of having expectations of going to Florida and what we want to do only to have them gradually fall apart. Having a basic plan sketched out and then having to build in possible changes to that plan due to the ongoing situation until what you look at what you would settle for and realise that it is so far away from what you were originally intending is not fun.

The whole situation with Disney increased pricing and the erosion of what they are actually offering in and around the parks for more money. That's even before the whole Genie+ situation was introduced (and I'm excluding the $15/person/day charge was introduced) and having the pleasure of getting up at 7am to reserve the first ride of the day, not happening. I'm lucky that my kids are old enough now that they stay in bed so I don't want to be the only one awake for several hours whilst everyone else sleeps. Plus the having to pay again on top (if we choose to, on a given day) to guarentee that we can get on the headline rides without a long wait.

I will add that I am a long time member of several boards (for many years) and I know that no one is quite sure how Genie+ will actually affect things but we did enjoy the old system in booking three rides at times that suited us so we could hit a park for a set period of time and then go and do other things out side of a park.

The park reservation system may still be in place possibly further limiting choices on what parks we could do and at what point in the holiday we do those parks.

Current pricing for next year for our preferred dates is currently around £2,000 over what we had paid previously. In our experience booking at this time of year has historically (for us) been the cheapest time to book.

Then there is the ongoing Covid situation and with Florida being a hotspot that takes even more shine off.

Will they actually allow UK flights in is another question.

So with all the above uncertainty above we don't feel we can book and enjoy the build up like we have previously done. So we're going to wait until later next year and book something in Europe with a trip to Disney in Paris for our fix.

So my question is is any one else out there in the same boat on giving up on 2022?
jimboxlo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List