Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I really feel for you all counting down the days - fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you.

Trip to B&BW today at the Loop today - 8 soaps $30 was the latest offer - all the new Christmas soaps were in stock as today was their first delivery.

For anyone who knows the Loop (calling Mick ) the old Toys R Us/Babies R Us store is now a Burlington Coat Factory (odd because there is another huge one less than a mile away too).

I went to a local Portugese supermarket nearby for some amazing steaks, Pastais de Nata and (revisiting past haunts) some Venezuelan Polar Beer. Really cheap and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.
Hi Stanley

We certainly do know The Loop - or at least we did back in Nov 2019 but will revisit Nov 2021 hopefully.

Mick
Old 23 Oct 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bouncybeth79 View Post
Whats the general crowd levels like around Orlando, I appreciate you can't comment on the parks but seeing some of the sights and amount of queues at the moment has me worried.
Is it like this around the rest of Orlando too?
Our experience of Disney - we did MK, AK and Epcot in the first half of this month - was that it wasn’t excessively busy as regards crowds and all our walks from the car parks to the entrances seemed relatively short given that they’ve stopped using the road trains everywhere, and we typically got there mid-afternoon.

In the shops, Publix which is our preferred shop is never busy anyway and Walmart on Old Lake Wilson Rd was quiet enough for me to queue less than a minute at a checkout in the evening. This was really surprising as when we went earlier in the year there were massive queues since it’s stopped being 24 hours opening.

Other than the queues at the restaurants we didn’t notice it being particularly busy.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Had a trip to Disney Springs today - got to the Lime garage about 1045 after waiting in a very big traffic queue toget into it. On the level from the car park where you enter Disney Springs they have a queuing system with metal barriers set up so you have to join that and go through a metal detector and they have a bag search for those picked out. Going down the escalator toward Uniqlo I noticed there was already a long queue to get into the Polite Pig.

The Lego shop has a one way system and at the moment they no longer have the play area where you can try building something at the front entrance of the store. The World of Disney has only 2 sets of door for entry and separate ones for exit. They have a Scan, Pay and Go QR code system advertised throughout and as I wasn't actually buying anything I didn't look to see if they had normal tills. They have a lot of signs for the 50th Birthday products limiting to 2 per guests (underneath which it said limited supplies - I very much doubt Disney would allow anything to run out if it means making money). Ghiradelli aren't giving out their free chocolate sqaures and I know before Covid they did stop temporarily but reinstated them but whether they ever come back remains to be seen.

Had our normal walk around the lake through SSR and when we got to Cirque du Soleil we had to walk down to the bus area and around CdS building and re-eneter through the metal detector again to arrive at the corner where House of Blues is - this was just after 12 noon. We decided to try the new City Works Eatery and Pour House for some nachos and a pint - it is housed in what was the NBA building and is enormous inside. It was full as was the terrace with a 45 minutes wait so we moved on to the terrace at Splitsville instead. We walked around the remaining area noticing long quese for the likes of Raglan Road and the Boathouse and the general area was really very busy.

By this time the Lego shop had a huge queue around tensa barriers just to get in the shop.

Popped to Ghiradelli for an ice cream and finally get my fix of their chocolates at last then headed back to the car park. On leaving the garage was full on every level except for the odd parking space and there was another huge queue of people waiting to get in as we drove past.

All shops and indoor spaces require masks to be worn and many announcements are made to that effect all over the complex.

On leaving Hotel Plaza Blvd and waiting at the lights where the entrance to Crossroads is I noticed a long line of bollards barring the way in and many of the restaurants you can see from there looked closed and the area surrounded by grren construction webbing.

Edited to add - For those that know the Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa and the general shopping area with Publix and Walmart opposite each other just along the 535 I noticed a Millers Ale House which I don't remember seeing in March 2020.

Edited at 08:52 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Was vicariously travelling down that elevator to Uniqlo with you. Not having a great day today but that brought a lot of warm memories to mind - thank you 😊
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Was vicariously travelling down that elevator to Uniqlo with you. Not having a great day today but that brought a lot of warm memories to mind - thank you 😊
Me too! Was lovely to read about a few hours at Disney Springs
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I love the lime garage 😍
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Sorry you couldn't come into Uniqlo with me - I could have used your credit card
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

Well spotted. The Millers Ale House is new.

Edited to add - For those that know the Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa and the general shopping area with Publix and Walmart opposite each other just along the 535 I noticed a Millers Ale House which I don't remember seeing in March 2020.
Old 28 Oct 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Wendybarbara
Looking for my Ears

I am only too sorry that my fellow Dibbers can;t be here and I am keeping everything crossed for the opening date announcement.

We had booked a hire car through Andy at DFCH and it was available when we got there.
Hi do you have details to contact Andy please
Wendybarbara is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Susu
VIP Dibber

Susu's Reviews
Originally Posted by Wendybarbara View Post
Hi do you have details to contact Andy please
Hi, the email is info@discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
Susu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List