Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Oct 21, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’re going to book Lloyds as well for our December trip. Would rather go somewhere and they did it all.
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Don’t you just need the fit to fly certificate on the way out 🤔
That’s what I thought. I know you need reference numbers for the day 2 tests after returning but not for the fit to fly.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I was about to book ours with our local Lloyd's for December,just read though that even though they're accepting appointments in-store,people are now being told that they don't actually have any staff trained to do them and some are saying they don't even have any test kits available,a guy phoned and was told they need to get their website changed to say this and that they're working on it.
I would check with your local store to make sure they are definitely doing them.
I had intended booking ours the day before we head down to Manchester on the train🤔

Back to square one 😳

Edited to say,I've not posted this to scaremonger but to please check with the store you've booked through to make sure they can definitely do them,I'd hate for anyone to go for a test and not be able to get one at the store they've booked.
It's ridiculous that they're accepting online bookings and then saying they can't do them.

Edited at 11:53 AM.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Hope this is the case, if so we can keep our outward tests as we haven't cancelled them

Originally Posted by Tracydcp View Post
That’s what I thought. I know you need reference numbers for the day 2 tests after returning but not for the fit to fly.
We booked the tests seperately for the way there and the way back day 2. All emails confirming came back with no ref numbers for either. I rang them & she said they do not provide these.

I'm now looking at Stansted Randox or Collinson for lat flow there & day 2.
However on their certs form for both ways it asks for flight/coach/vessel number. We are going on Stena Line ferry to Netherlands and just have our booking ref. I've emailed them to clarify.

I'm just so confused. This is so stressful as Im sorting this for 2 on way out (us) 4 on way back (Ds & his DGF) & them pre travel back to NL.

Edited at 11:58 AM.
missy E is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by missy E View Post
We booked our tests but realised they didn't send any ref numbers which you need for the forms you need to fill in to travel. I rang them & they don't supply the codes/ref numbers.
So we can't use Lloyds then?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
So we can't use Lloyds then?
From what people have posted it seems you don't need ref numbers on the way out, only day 2 tests. If this is right we may be able to just keep our outward bookings & just sort something for return.

Old 27 Oct 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
and306
Serious Dibber

I’ve just had a look on their website and was thinking about using them for our trip in February but they don’t seem to do it for under 11’s unless I’m missing something?
and306 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I looked at booking with them for our trip in December and then went for Qured as I don't really fancy going to our local Lloydspharmacy on 23rd or 24th December as it's in a Sainsbury's supermarket.

What I did notice was that they had availability showing all day on 25th December and the pharmacy and supermarket are closed that day. I did wonder whether the appointment diaries have been updated for opening hours, and more importantly, trained staff availability and test kit availability.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

I once booked a cholesterol test at Lloyds pharmacy online. When I got there they said they hadn't done any for ages as their machine was broken. I would ring and check first before turning up.
Old 27 Oct 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I agree. I have tried calling my local Lloyds pharmacy numerous times today after booking two tests in online just to check and they do not answer the phone. It is sometimes engaged. My guess is they are making outbound calls but not taking incoming ones. Does not fill me with confidence unfortunately.
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List