Notices

Old 3 Jun 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Forgive me for asking but do you have a blue badge for Evie? If so and you apply for a Florida red tag parking permit I thought Disney waived the parking charges at the hotels? Maybe that has changed recently though - worth investigating?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Forgive me for asking but do you have a blue badge for Evie? If so and you apply for a Florida red tag parking permit I thought Disney waived the parking charges at the hotels? Maybe that has changed recently though - worth investigating?
No worries Yes we do have a blue badge for her. We've got the Florida parking permit in the past two visits. As far as I'm aware parking charges still apply but I definitely will have a look. Parking was free the last time we were at Disney so not 100% about disabled badge holders

Edited at 09:19 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
So I’m happy to say I’VE GONE TWO WEEKS WITHOUT MAKING ANY CHANGES!

Started my diet properly yesterday after being frankly rubbish and putting on a ton last couple of months. Really determined not give in.

Desperately avoiding the news as finding it depressing and removed myself from the current issues forum as it did me no good. I’m sure everything will be fine for next year but started seeing people mentioning lockdowns I had to step away. Another lockdown will probably kill next years trip as I won’t be able to work. No news is good news
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

I understand that completely. I did the same re the current issues forum and it’s done me the world of good. Also staying away from the news. Lookout forward to reading more updates as they happen. It’s good to have something to look forward to.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Buffyp View Post
I understand that completely. I did the same re the current issues forum and it’s done me the world of good. Also staying away from the news. Lookout forward to reading more updates as they happen. It’s good to have something to look forward to.
Thank you. I'd get so stressed reading but couldn't help myself!
Old 9 Jun 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

Same here. I have no willpower so this was definitely the best way.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

So glad I meandered over to the pre trip section for the first time in months and found this! Makes me feel like next years holidays are really on.
We are still currently booked for this August ( just doing universal - offsite) I'm expecting it to get cancelled soon though 😩. However, I booked for next year when the Disney offer came out- just because I didn't want to miss out if we could nt go this year so am now in full excited 2022 planning.
Currently 5 nights YC then 11 nights villa solara resort. Assuming this year doesn't go ahead, we'll add universal on to make it up to 3 weeks. Would be interested in your thoughts re Cabana Bay v RPR. We ideally want the express passes but I'm assuming the room of a family suite would be better for 5 of us ( 3 boys 16,12,10).
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this and looking forward to follwing along.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just a thought. Could you use some of the holiday money you’d save this year & book 2 connecting rooms at RPR or HRH? If you have/get an annual pass, you can get some terrific rates nearer the time. Around $250pn in August. Express passes would cost way more.!
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
So glad I meandered over to the pre trip section for the first time in months and found this! Makes me feel like next years holidays are really on.
We are still currently booked for this August ( just doing universal - offsite) I'm expecting it to get cancelled soon though 😩. However, I booked for next year when the Disney offer came out- just because I didn't want to miss out if we could nt go this year so am now in full excited 2022 planning.
Currently 5 nights YC then 11 nights villa solara resort. Assuming this year doesn't go ahead, we'll add universal on to make it up to 3 weeks. Would be interested in your thoughts re Cabana Bay v RPR. We ideally want the express passes but I'm assuming the room of a family suite would be better for 5 of us ( 3 boys 16,12,10).
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this and looking forward to follwing along.
Thank you for reading

I loved Cabana Bay. I think it’s my favourite place I’ve stayed in Florida. There are nicer places but I just loved the whole vibe of it but express passes are the big thing so RPR wins. I’d like to do a split stay there like we did in the past but Kelly doesn’t want to do to many moves.
Old 17 Jun 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Just a thought. Could you use some of the holiday money you’d save this year & book 2 connecting rooms at RPR or HRH? If you have/get an annual pass, you can get some terrific rates nearer the time. Around $250pn in August. Express passes would cost way more.!
We are at Royal Pacific for a week. I think we can just cope a week in the room together. Any longer no Any savings I have made have already gone on booking connecting rooms at Disney!