Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
One Mad Woman and her dog 2 - Aberfeldy/Pitlochry June 21

Cast

Me, Mitch, 36 travel nut, lover of black Labradors, wine, cruises, food and horses.

Max - 3, loves walks, snacks, naps, other dogs and his hoomans

A- my brother, 22, living in Glasgow

Some of you may have read my previous trippie. One mad woman and her dog, NC500 in August last year.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...0#post14986040

Well on that trip on the way home we stopped in Glasgow to see A and take Max for a walk, and it had been so lovely to see him. Max and I had also visited Pitlochry but it was peak ‘dog vomit gate’ so didn’t really get to do anything beyond watching Netflix in the admittedly lovely room. So I booked an air bnb in the Aberfeldy area for 3 nights for November for the 3 of us to go and catch up.

Well lockdown 1 hit, and then lockdown 2, and every time I moved the date on air bnb I got hit with charges, so the nice host threw me an extra night in, so it’s 4 nights.

But then unfortunately because the date had been pushed back several times over 7 months, A got a job Mon-Fri so couldn’t come which is such a shame. I still drive past Glasgow though so was hoping to stay the night before and see him, but I haven’t booked anything yet as I’m waiting to see what the restrictions do.

Other complications are that I now have an electric car so I may be mostly searching for car chargers.

Oh and our house move got pushed back and back, so it now looks like it’s going to complete 2/3 days after I get back, so all go here.. DH told me to go anyway as I can pack before we go and he can do the big stuff without the help of a nosy dog.

So as it stands

Sun 13th June - 10 hotel Queens Park Glasgow
Monday 14th June - Aberfeldy
Tuesday 15th June - Aberfeldy
Wednesday 16th June - Aberfeldy
Thursday 17th June - Aberfeldy
Friday - 18th June - driving home

Monday 21st June - House hopefully completes

Edited at 02:34 PM.
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Now edited as I have a plan for Sunday. Glasgow are level 2 now so I’m going to stay in a hotel near Queens Park in Glasgow that has parking.
Going to be setting off Sunday morning, and spending the afternoon/evening in Glasgow with A, then straight to Aberfeldy.
Assuming the house looks like it’s still completing on the 21st I’ll just let explore the Pitlochry area by car, as it’s not far away
Can’t wait now, just got to keep packing the house up!
Old 6 Jun 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Sounds like a great trip. Max is adorable, I love that holidaying in the U.K. means you can take your dog/furball/best friend. 😁🐶
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Sounds like a great trip. Max is adorable, I love that holidaying in the U.K. means you can take your dog/furball/best friend. 😁🐶
Me too! I do really miss my cruises and city mini breaks to Europe, but the look on his face when he sees a lake/ the sea is just priceless
Old 11 Jun 21, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Well it’s nearly here.
Unfortunately we’re currently a week behind on our house exchange, which is causing me some stress as I had to nip into the solicitors this week with more documents and I’m worried something else will come up.
We were supposed to have exchanged last week, so I could have gone stress free. Clearly not to be. I think I’m going to go, and if I have to come back then so be it

As it turns out I might be grateful of the call as this is the weather forecast

Cold and wet 😂

Plan is to leave early doors Sunday as it’s going to be very warm here in Warrington Sunday. Going to be warm too in Glasgow but not as boiling.

Found a hotel called 10 hotel Glasgow near Queen’s Park which will have us both Sunday night for £72.50 but £20 for Max.

It’s England’s first Euro match at 2 on Sunday so have booked a table at a pub the other side of the park

Fingers crossed it all goes ok
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Sorry to hear about the delays on the house exchange, ours happened whilst we were in Orlando. Hopefully it all goes to plan.

We were meant to have cooler weather in Bamburgh last week but it seemed to change at the last minute and it ended up being glorious. I have everything crossed that the same will happen for you. You must be starting to get excited- not long now.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List