Notices

Old 24 Jun 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

6 do Land's End to John O'Groats (and everything in between!)

So we haven't left our home for three whole years now, and as a family who like to travel, this has been pretty tough!

Our third 'holiday of a liftetime' to Florida in July 2020 was cancelled, and we were gutted. A lot of planning had gone into it. We were going to be spending 7 weeks in the USA between Philadelphia, New York, Miami and Orlando... it would have been epic! *sigh*
We tried booking a trip to Tenerife in March 2021 as a consolation - also cancelled!

Anyway, we are pretty much climbing the walls now, so have decided to do a trip we have been talking about for years; good old Land's End to John O'Groats. We are not big fans of holidaying in the UK - with 6 of us it always works out so expensive and we would rather put that money towards going abroad. However, with limited options, now seems the time to discover more of our country!

The Family

We are a family of 6.
Myself and hubby, both love to travel but extremely unfit and feeling our age now! Hoping we can cope with all the driving between us

Elliott - 18 years old, autism, quirk and pretty awesome lad! Obsessed with rabbits and will spend 99% of the time talking about them. Volunteers in a rabbit rescue
We had to cut our last holiday to Florida short as he was in a very serious and bad place mentally ... but all good now!

Sonny - 15 years old, also with autism. Loves photography and art. Happy to spend hours in a museum and must read every bit of information available. Great sense of humour!

Amber - 14 years old, going through an 'alternative' phase! Very opinionated and will argue the sky is green until you agree with her. Adventurous and will give everything a go!

Lila - 10 years old with autism and a hell of a lot of anxiety! Does taekwondo. Absolutely at her happiest when she is on holiday with the whole family

Molly and Marnie - our two Maltese pups will be coming with us. It's made it a bit harder to plan as everything has to be dog friendly, but we couldnt do this adventure without them!

The Trip
We will be away from 16th July - 8th August, and the trip is as follows:
Day 1: Bristol - Exeter - Haven Perran Sands
Day 2: Land's End - Mousehole - Lizard
Day 3: Eden Project - Hangloose (zip wire)
Day 4: Tintagel Castle -Lynton - Taunton
Day 5: Gloucester - Bourton on water - Stratford on Avon
Day 6: Bakewell -Monsal Head - Glossop
Day 7: Ladybower - Peveril Castle -Mam Tor
Day 8: Blackpool (pleasure beach) - Haven Lakeland
Day 9: Windermere (Steam train and boat) - Buttermere
Day 10: Ullswater steamer and Aira Force
Day 11: Birdowald Roman Fort- Gretna Green - Glasgow
Day 12: Glasgow Catherdral and Necropolis
Day 13: Loch Lomond, Fort William (Train ride to Mallaig) and wildlife cruise.
Day 14: Nevis Gondola, Glen Finnan - Inverness
Day 15: John O'Groats -Dunnets Head - Wick
Day 16: Fort Augustus: Kayaking on Loch Ness
Day 17: Edinburgh - Kelpies
Day 18: Explore Edinburgh
Day 19: Bamburg castle - Seahorses - Angel of the North - Durham
Day 20: Durham - Beamish Museum
Day 21: Whitby - York
Day 22: Jorvik Viking museum - Shambles -Humber bridge
Day 23: Nottingham - home

Here it all is on a map!

Edited at 04:04 AM.
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What an amazing adventure that you have planned with your family and dogs. We recently went to Bamburgh with our DS and also our dog Milo, I love how dog friendly places are in the U.K. I’m looking forward to following along.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow that is a jam packed itinerary! We’ve done a lot of it in the last couple of years but over a few separate holidays. Some fantastic places if you get the weather which thankfully we mostly did. Enjoy!
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluemoonno1
Trading Disney Pins

My husband and I went to Beamish Museum in September during our tour of the East Coast... we really enjoyed it
Bluemoonno1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

That trip looks amazing and I'm hoping you manage a trip report
Do your girls still do gymnastics? Hope I've got the right family
Old 26 Jun 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What an amazing adventure that you have planned with your family and dogs. We recently went to Bamburgh with our DS and also our dog Milo, I love how dog friendly places are in the U.K. I’m looking forward to following along.
I'm really looking forward to Bamburgh1 It looks stunning Fingers crossed for nice weather - well i'd settle fore reasonably dry! haha!
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Hot, sunny weather would definitely be the icing on the cake - but i will settle with mostly dry! Have invested in good waterproof jackets for all just in case hehe!
Old 26 Jun 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bluemoonno1 View Post
My husband and I went to Beamish Museum in September during our tour of the East Coast... we really enjoyed it
That's good to hear! It's one of the more expensive museums on the list, but there does seem to be lots there. Plus dog friendly which is a real bonus.
Old 26 Jun 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Wow, you have a good memory! Yes that is right - my girls were gymnasts and had to train when we last went to Florida!
My eldest daughter continued with acro until she became too tall to be a top (the one that does the somersaults and handstands on people) She made southwest champion just before she stopped, which was lovely.
My youngest decided to switch to dance which she preferred until the pandemic started and she could not deal with zoom lessons! Shes just started taekwondo, but much more laid back than gym/dance
SO no having to fit training in our holiday this time - phew!
I'm hoping i will be able to do trip reports every evening.
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
That trip looks amazing and I'm hoping you manage a trip report
Do your girls still do gymnastics? Hope I've got the right family
Old 20 Jul 21, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow, never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d ever see my hone town (Glossop) on a DIBB trip report 🤣🤣🤣
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List