Notices

Old 8 Aug 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

Cases in Florida

Professor Reiner on CNN Ď if Florida was a separate country we would ban travel to and from that country to the USAí x
Nanna Frozen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh dear 😱😰😱😰😱😰😱😰😱
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Professor Reiner on CNN Ď if Florida was a separate country we would ban travel to and from that country to the USAí x
I can see 46 wanting to segregate us from the USA if RDS carries on as is.

Only half joking
State27 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Theming
slightly serious Dibber

Iíve already posted on another thread but I was listening to an American news podcast this morning and they said if Florida and Louisiana were 2 separate countries they would currently rank number one and two in the world for highest Covid prevalence.

Not good.
Theming is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The US is now averaging close to 110,000 new cases a day according to John Hopkins. That is not good to hear

Really can't see how the US will open up this year, obviously hope I am wrong but the numbers are going in the wrong direction!
Old 9 Aug 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Theming View Post
Iíve already posted on another thread but I was listening to an American news podcast this morning and they said if Florida and Louisiana were 2 separate countries they would currently rank number one and two in the world for highest Covid prevalence.

Not good.
One state democrat the other republicans, one has just under 50% vaccination rate the other under 40%, one has 99 infections per 100000 the other is 10% better at 90 ( still absolutely dreadful)What one is constantly attacked in the media.

Edited at 07:52 AM.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
One state democrat the other republicans, one has just under 50% vaccination rate the other under 40%, one has 99 infections per 100000 the other is 10% better at 90 ( still absolutely dreadful)What one is constantly attacked in the media.
This isn't a political board and the q was specifically on Florida.

The other day, FL 20% of cases, 6% of the population. Whoever was in charge you'd have to say they are mismanaging the whole thing.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by tmwalsh View Post
This isn't a political board and the q was specifically on Florida.

The other day, FL 20% of cases, 6% of the population. Whoever was in charge you'd have to say they are mismanaging the whole thing.
Just stating that per head of population of a state Louisiana is the worse state in America for infection not Florida that is a fact.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Just stating that per head of population of a state Louisiana is the worse state in America for infection not Florida that is a fact.
You didn't. You threw in Dem/Rep. Either way both are terrible statistics and I hope they have the governers to have the gumption to sort it.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

As I have said previously, though I have, like many others on here, visited many parts of the US my focus is now on Florida.
I am desperate to take my three year old granddaughter before my hips/ knees whatever prevent me from enjoying the theme parks with her the way I want to.

I canít wait until itís safe for us all to travel. As she almost certainly wonít be vaccinated, we have to go only when it is a safe enough environment.
So Iím keeping a close eye on Florida. Itís just a coincidence that their governer, in my opinion, is being irresponsible beyond belief.

I never intended for this post to be political, but unfortunately it will be, but I donít really see too much wrong with that. But as explained, my interest in Florida is wholly to keep an eye on the coronavirus situation to try and predict ( lol) whether we might get to go on holiday next year.

And My heart goes out to the people there, it must be hard to keep yourself and your family safe. I am certainly not wishing that Ď Delta rips through quicklyí just so my chances of a holiday next year are increased.

I hope all the people there figure out a way to take care of themselves and their families.
Nanna Frozen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List