Old 8 Sep 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by rudie111 View Post
If I were going abroad I would limit my exposure to others as much as possible in the run up. I'm all for living life but no way I would risk a club/concert/cinema a few days before getting on a plane!
Itís the testing to come home which is more problematic in case you get stranded abroad for up to 3 months.
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Itís the testing to come home which is more problematic in case you get stranded abroad for up to 3 months.
I guess that's the risk we would all take.
rudie111 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Our two day test needed to either be put in a priority post box (which our local one is - who knew?) Or taken to the nearest relevant Tui branch. Which is Stratford and needs a tube journey for. I haven't been on a tube for over a year, the irony!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by rudie111 View Post
I guess that's the risk we would all take.
So would you plan for this each time you travel? I have travelled and did plan for it but Iím due to travel again in a few months time somewhere different and I must admit that finding out what each country does in this situation is a nightmare.
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The tests are a waste of time and a waste of money.

All they do is give people the feel good factor.

It's a 10 minute job to find a Company online that will give you a negative test result without you even having to complete a test!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Travel industry will die with these testing regimes. Get on a train, from Edinburgh to London- 5 hours, no testing. Get on a tube, no testing. Iím at an industry event tomorrow night in London (first one in 18 months, sems weird), lots of people in a big room, no testing.
If you are vaccinated, no testing. At least when you get on the plane you know the person next to you is vaccinated, or tested if not vaccinated. Itís the only way the industry will survive in its current form as we head through next year IMO.
You can get someone else to do your test currently if that way inclined, and upload a photo. Itís health theatre. The claims that PCRs were necessary to test for variants was also a load of baloney also- about 5% of them were screened.

Edited at 09:52 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The tests are a waste of time and a waste of money.

All they do is give people the feel good factor.

It's a 10 minute job to find a Company online that will give you a negative test result without you even having to complete a test!
Wow! Tom. Seems I know nothing lol!
I didnít know that well I guess that eradicates my concern of getting stuck abroad!
So Iím now reading of folks getting stuck at USA airports and having to quickly be re-tested due to their legitimate government approved testing companies results being not accepted whilst simultaneously hearing about fake results being accepted in other places!
What a glorious mess!

Edited at 09:53 AM.
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
So would you plan for this each time you travel? I have travelled and did plan for it but Iím due to travel again in a few months time somewhere different and I must admit that finding out what each country does in this situation is a nightmare.
Plan for it or not, we don't have much choice do we
rudie111 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I agree the tests are a waste of time, I know someone who got back from Cyprus last week and didnít bother going for their 2 day return test and nothing has happened, no follow up.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
I agree the tests are a waste of time, I know someone who got back from Cyprus last week and didnít bother going for their 2 day return test and nothing has happened, no follow up.
A relatively large minority have never bothered, over 10% I think.