Old 8 Sep 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Iím doing the same this time. Same product as is used in the clinics/testing centres and far more convenient
Is this a supervised test to fly home or just a test and upload the result?
If the latter thatís what I will use next time as the Quered one I used for Spain was supervised and is quite stressful as you only have 15 minutes from taking the test to email the uploaded result, so I was as stressed with the IT side as I was doing the test itself!
It also relies upon being in a place with strong and consistent wifi signal!
Old 8 Sep 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
If the latter thatís what I will use next time as the Quered one I used for Spain was supervised and is quite stressful as you only have 15 minutes from taking the test to email the uploaded result, so I was as stressed with the IT side as I was doing the test itself!
This is my worry. Disney WiFi is awful and unreliable.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan14
Getting Excited

my thoughts are the whole testing system is pointless. To put things into context when travelling within the uk on a train or bus it is very easy to just spend a couple hours in a cramped enviroment and there is no testing used in that circumstance whatsoever. Further more because the tests are not fully accurate and expensive then it could be argued that instead it should be a revised system in which if your feeling ill or have a raised temperature at the airport/train/bus station than you will be expected to have a lateral flow test taken for a quick turnaround and if it comes back positive only at that point do you have to pay for a pcr test and receive the value of your ticket/booking back as a voucher. This way it does not discriminate against any single person vaccinated or not, however a subclause can be inserted for people that are unvaccinated that travel is at your own personal risk. Be sure to only travel if its a essential journey.
disneyfan14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Excited about Disney

Also just a note to anyone using Qured...although they worked for me both ways and were generally fine they are overwhelmed and were late to both appointments. For the first one I was in the virtual waiting room roughly 70 minutes after my booked time, having joined it 15 minutes before.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
But you won't have that level of confidence unfortunately as the current system isn't fit for purpose.

Under the current rules I could take a LFT 3 days before, spend my last 2 nights on holiday at a rave, catch COVID and board the plane.
I was thinking about this, I am booked for Dubai in November and need to have a 72 hr test but then the night before I fly I am due to see Elton John at the O2 🤔
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
VIP Dibber

Agreed, its all now for 'show'- they have to be 'seen' like they are doing it for safety when in reality its for money and safety has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Hoping at least one of the tests is scrapped by October 1st.
The test to return home should be scrapped, and a PCR on arrival at the airport instead of a day 2.
lemmiwinkles is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fun2behad
Getting Excited

fun2behad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It's not really about the costs, its more the worry of being stuck abroad which unfortunately is not viable for so many people and will sadly mean no holidays for many.
this 100% - our plan B next year (if we cannot visit Orlando due to ongoing restrictions/testing ) is to stay at my brother's villa in Cyprus - if anyone in my party tests positive in the pre-departure test then we will quarantine at the villa for another few weeks (vs being stuck in a quarantine hotel/tiny hotel room in Cyprus). If we did not have this as an option then we would not be travelling internationally at all - too much uncertainty and risk at the moment. We are all double jabbed so can enter Cyprus freely with our vaccination record it's the testing coming back home that is the limiting factor...
fun2behad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
This is my worry. Disney WiFi is awful and unreliable.
Luckily I had my very techy non panicky brother in law with me who I passed the whole thing over to but Disney WiFi is horrible .
Old 8 Sep 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Luckily I had my very techy non panicky brother in law with me who I passed the whole thing over to but Disney WiFi is horrible .
Just wait until Genie + is going. They won't improve the WiFi for that and it will make things worse. Might have to pay for Internet in on of the hotel lobby's.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Itís the latter. Iíve used clinics and testing centres recently and they are fast but Iíd prefer the convenience of doing it myself
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List