Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Sep 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I know they arenít asking to scroll through them but they shouldnít be asking in the first place as it isnít legally necessary. I think the GP in this case is right to say no. If the threads on here are anything to go by then GPs simply donít have the time for unnecessary paperwork at the moment.
Imagine if someone was unable to wear a mask as they had been a victim of domestic violence in the pastÖ.how do they prove this? I think they are on shaky ground as itís quite discriminatory.
I donít think they are on shaky ground in a legal sense. Employers are allowed to specify that a uniform or other form of dress code is followed. They are asking everybody to wear a mask, they will make a reasonable adjustment for those that cannot, but they require evidence. This is entirely consistent with any employer anywhere that is asked to make reasonable adjustments for disability purposes. If the employee cannot or will not provide access to information supporting their claim that they require reasonable adjustments, there is no way the employer would be found in the wrong.

I think OP has made the right decision in investigating other opportunities. The requirements on the employee should not be relaxed merely because it is a volunteer employee, in the same way the employers obligations (e.g. health and safety) should not be more relaxed for voluntary workers.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
So true, it's exhausting coming up with Byzantine rules and processes designed to make it impossible for the public to actually get an appointment.

You must all be worn out coming up with those processes and implementing them every day
Please feel free to come and spend a day in my life. It has been relentless since the begging of the pandemic. Me and my colleagues are exhausted but not due to your reasons.

And it all started again next week. I'll be working 6 days a week again, my children will see me one day a week, I will rarely see my husband as he is also a key worker.

But thank you for you thoughless comments and I hope you didn't stand and clap for your NHS.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List