Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Sep 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

POFQ or CSR? Or even CBR?

Any thoughts on these 3 please?
I thought I’d settled on CSR but the rubbish transport is putting me off.
Are all the rooms refurbed there?

POFQ is small and I do like that idea.
It’s about £350 more than CSR so we could easily cover Ubers etc with that difference if we stayed at CSR.

CBR was up for consideration due to the skyliner but OH hates the look of the rooms

Please help! 😬

Edited at 04:40 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
Any thoughts on these 3 please?
I thought I’d settled on CSR but the rubbish transport is putting me off.
Are all the rooms refurbed there?

POFQ is small and I do like that idea.
It’s about £350 more than CSR so we could easily cover Ubers etc with that difference if we stayed at CSR.

CBR was up for consideration due to the skyliner but OH hates the look of the rooms

Please help! 😬
We booked CBR as a place holder for When FQ opened. We would have stayed there if we had to but our heart is firmly with FQ every time.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
We booked CBR as a place holder for When FQ opened. We would have stayed there if we had to but our heart is firmly with FQ every time.
Do you find the transport ok from FQ?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

CSR, hands down. Have had zero issues with transport, buses were frequent and rarely busy. But as you say, you can always supplement with Ubers when necessary.

The tower rooms are only 2 years old, all other rooms were fully refurbished over the 2 years prior to that. I said in the other CSR thread around at the moment that I think the tower rooms are the best rooms on property right now when you consider quality and price. I would put the standard rooms in second place on my list btw.

I am with your OH, I don't like the CBR rooms at all. And I don't think the FQ rooms are that great either. They only got a soft refurb (paint, bedding, etc) in their last renovation so still have old furniture and bathrooms. I don't personally want to pay more for (IMO) a lower quality room.

Edited at 05:57 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
CSR definitely has the better rooms and more facilities. We visited POFQ last trip though and really loved it so we’ve chosen there for our next stay over CSR. It’s also the only moderate we’ve not stayed at so ticking it off the list!
CBR is also a great resort but the removal of rooms for the Riviera has meant less standard rooms so it tends not to have them included in offers.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Thanks so much.
I think I’m back to CSR
I’m not sure I want to spend an additional £1100 to be in the tower. That’s approaching ‘stuff it, book the Beach Club!’ price which is our favourite.
I’m trying to be a little less frivolous than usual in case it’s still not quite a non Covid atmosphere!

Edited at 06:40 PM.
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Do you find the transport ok from FQ?
Yes brilliant. Only 1 bus stop so no having to fight for a space if you are the last stop. Love, love, love the boat to Disney Springs too.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Thanks so much.
I think I’m back to CSR
I’m not sure I want to spend an additional £1100 to be in the tower. That’s approaching ‘stuff it, book the Beach Club!’ price which is our favourite.
I’m trying to be a little less frivolous than usual in case it’s still not quite a non Covid atmosphere!
Would you consider DVC rental? I know there's some risk at the moment due to the limited flexibility which a lot of people (myself included) don't want to do until restrictions ease. But a studio in BCV will be considerably less (probably around half) than staying resort side for almost the same experience.

I get you on the tower prices though. I can't justify it at the moment either but I know I could be tempted if it ends up on the free nights offer. The standard rooms are still lovely though, I was in standard on my last trip as it was just before the tower opened. And a bargain by Disney standards, since it's priced for convention goers rather than typical tourists.
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Would you consider DVC rental? I know there's some risk at the moment due to the limited flexibility which a lot of people (myself included) don't want to do until restrictions ease. But a studio in BCV will be considerably less (probably around half) than staying resort side for almost the same experience.

I get you on the tower prices though. I can't justify it at the moment either but I know I could be tempted if it ends up on the free nights offer. The standard rooms are still lovely though, I was in standard on my last trip as it was just before the tower opened. And a bargain by Disney standards, since it's priced for convention goers rather than typical tourists.
I’ve been checking DVC rental sites to gauge what we might pay and it’s looking more like $12,000!
Do you really think we could get it for less?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

What are your dates? That sounds quite high unless you're looking at the higher tier rooms. I just put in two random weeks in August and it's 242 points for a BCV studio. At $20pp for David's 11 month window, that's $4800. So roughly $350/night instead of $580/night rack on the resort side.

Edited at 07:18 PM.