Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 1 Oct 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki Just Touched Down In London Town September 2021- UNEXPECTED BONUS DAY

So our break started a day earlier than expected as we were invited via our Instagram page by MANS Markets in Leeds to sample their new concept, Afternoon Chi, before it is launched to the public. We love a good afternoon tea, especially one thats a bit different, so this was right up our street. We really like the Chinese street food that is served here so we knew we would love their take on afternoon tea! And we were not wrong!

Firstly, this is an absolute bargain and they are really selling themselves short here! For £15, you get a glass of fizz on arrival, and then a choice between two cocktails (or another glass of fizz), a selection of Chinese savouries and sweets.

The food included was
Duck Bao Buns (Tofu for the Veggie option)
Chicken Gyoza
Pork War Tip Dumplings (Mushroom for the Veggie option)
Vegetable Spring Rolls
Lotus Crisps
Yuzu and Vanilla Cheesecake
Matcha Moochi

What we loved about this afternoon tea was that it was very savoury heavy, which is definitely our favourite part of any meal. Everything is delicious and there is a decent amount of food included so it is very filling. The Lotus Crisps are a definite highlight- they taste just like Salt and Pepper Chips! The Gyozas are so fresh and crispy! The Cheesecake was gorgeous too- really rich and creamy!

There is also the option to add on extras like Dim Sum dishes for £3.50 each and more cocktails for £5 each.

This is a really great way to sample a little bit of some of MANS Markets most popular dishes and we really enjoyed it

We headed out and decided to have a look where one of Bretts upcoming exams was located as we knew it was at this end of the city. I am glad we did as there was no mention of the College name on the buildings at all. Luckily we managed to spot a staff member and asked them if we were in the right place and we were! So one less thing for Brett to worry about!

We decided as it was such a nice day to have a walk around Leeds before enjoying a couple of cocktails in one of our favourite spots- Jakes Bar and Distillery. We always love coming here, great staff, great drinks, great music

We sampled some of the new cocktail menu

Dark Magic (Rittenhouse, Frangelico, Lemon, Walnut, Stout)

Red Summer (Beliga Noble Vodka, Lemon, Bristol Cherry and Vanilla, Soda)

One Dam (Ketel One Vodka, Pamplemousse, Elderflower)

Bajan Punch (Jung and Wulff Rum, Lime, Cherry, Pineapple)

And then an off menu creation made from Mezcal for Brett!

Brett always gets lured into a shot with the staff as well haha

We were a bit peckish again now so decided to try a new spot that has literally just opened- Pizza Punks! This is basically the Subway of Pizzas or more importantly to my fellow Dibbers, its exactly like Blaze Pizza! We were really looking forward to trying this place as the extensive menu of pizza toppings sounded absolutely delicious! And to top it off there was a pretty cool cocktail menu too

The pizzas are cooked fresh in a pizza oven in the open kitchen. The pizza base is our absolute favourite- sourdough! You choose your sauce and then as many toppings as you want for the bargain price of £11. If you dont like pizza, there is the same concept but with pasta. The pizzas arrive whole and you have your own pizza cutter to divide it up yourself.

Brett chose BBQ sauce and topped his pizza with Salami, Rum Ham Hock, Mushrooms, Beef Shin Ragu, Gorgonzola, Caramel Pork Belly, Chipotle Pulled Pork, Red Pepper, Brocolli

I chose Tomato, Basil and Garlic sauce and topped my pizza with Black Pudding, Brocolli, Sun Dried Tomato, Beef Shin Ragu, Mushrooms, Nduja, Garlic and Rosemary Roast Potatoes

They go really meat heavy with the toppings, so next time i think i will just get veggies for something different as the ones i had were super fresh and tasty

We also got a side of Maple and Hot Honey Candied Bacon which was delicious

For cocktails we enjoyed

Sherbet Cherry (Bombay Sapphire, Triple Sec, Lemon, Egg White, Gomme, Cherry Puree)

Blue Monday (Pineapple Infused Tequila, Blue Curacao, Lime Juice, Passion Fruit Syrup)

Lagerita (Estrella and Margarita)

Loveheart Caiproska (Loveheart infused Vodka, Limoncello, Lemon, Gomme, Lovehearts)

Dazed and Confused (Mezcal, Aperol, Creme de Peche, Lemon Juice, Gomme, CBD Oil)

Smoked Vanilla Manhattan (Woodford Reserve, Sweet Vermouth, Cherry Syrup, Chocolate Bitters)

We really enjoyed this meal, amazing quality, great concept, friendly attentive staff, fabulous cocktails!

A great day out in Leeds and an unexpected extra day added onto our break!

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

What a fab day! All the food and cocktails look amazing
Good luck to Brett on his exams
Old 1 Oct 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
What a fab day! All the food and cocktails look amazing
Good luck to Brett on his exams
Thank you very much

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I need that afternoon Chi in my life - I love a savoury afternoon tea. You did well with all your cocktails too. Pizza Punks looks so good, I need to pop that on our list for our next trip to leeds. Their cocktail menu looks quite extensive too. A great day! Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I need that afternoon Chi in my life - I love a savoury afternoon tea. You did well with all your cocktails too. Pizza Punks looks so good, I need to pop that on our list for our next trip to leeds. Their cocktail menu looks quite extensive too. A great day! Xx
Thank you The cocktail menu at Pizza Punks is huge, cant wait to try more, and the toppings list for the pizzas is massive too with some unusual choices!

2025- Seville

Old 3 Oct 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The pizzas look fabulous and some of the toppings sound so different! The afternoon tea…..yum! And the cocktails….well! What a great bonus day 😀
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
The pizzas look fabulous and some of the toppings sound so different! The afternoon tea…..yum! And the cocktails….well! What a great bonus day 😀
Thank you, the pizza was a nice reminder of Blaze

2025- Seville

Old 3 Oct 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Gawd the hangover hit me just looking at the photos😂
Looks great, for the young ‘uns.
Old 3 Oct 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Gawd the hangover hit me just looking at the photos😂
Looks great, for the young ‘uns.
I can hand on heart say we didnt have a single hangover on any of the days, we must have lined our stomachs well with all the food haha

2025- Seville

Old 8 Oct 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a day packed full of lovely food and lots of cocktails. I’d be on the floor after 2 😂
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List