Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Oct 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Here in MCO now - happy to answer any TP questions?

I have finally arrived in the USA and am in Orlando so if anyone has any Trip Planning questions I will be happy to answer what I can.

I am not doing Disney/Universal or any of the theme parks - sadly Dreamflight are unable to come this year - so please can I ask for nothing to do with what it is like in the parks (which is probably the thing that you all want to know about most).

Sorry I didn't make it clear I arrived into Miami from Barbados and stayed overnight then flew to MCO.

Edited at 02:59 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Amazing news!

Can I please ask, when you arrived in MCO and went through immigration was it the same as previous trips except wearing a mask? Just wondering if it had changed at all or anything extra was in place.

Have a wonderful time
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disney Jo View Post
Amazing news!

Can I please ask, when you arrived in MCO and went through immigration was it the same as previous trips except wearing a mask? Just wondering if it had changed at all or anything extra was in place.

Have a wonderful time
Hi Disney Jo - I will change my first post as I didn't makeit clear that I came in through Miami. But using that as an example everyone was wearing a mask and there were plenty of hands sanitising stands but I found the US citizens not particularly careful about social distancing particularly around the baggage carousel. I have Global Entry and it took all of 10 seconds to get through
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Hi Disney Jo - I will change my first post as I didn't makeit clear that I came in through Miami. But using that as an example everyone was wearing a mask and there were plenty of hands sanitising stands but I found the US citizens not particularly careful about social distancing particularly around the baggage carousel. I have Global Entry and it took all of 10 seconds to get through
Thank you very much. My DD has some special needs and it is good to be able to give her some information in advance, we have flown into and out of MCO a couple of times now so just with added masks and a few crowded areas it sounds like it will be similar to before.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

How about test and trace? Do you have to supply them with telephone and accommodation details? Will you require a test prior to flying home?

Thanks.
Old 4 Oct 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
How about test and trace? Do you have to supply them with telephone and accommodation details? Will you require a test prior to flying home?

Thanks.
Nothing at all was asked about test and trace. To avoid any problems re ESTA I did airport check in at BGI and they just filled in the normal Advance Passenger Information so it included my first night address in Miami. I won't need a test to enter the UK as the rules will have changed by my return date (unless they change again of course).
Old 4 Oct 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post

Thanks.
That’s the “November” changes.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
SC. Have a great time and enjoy the lovely weather out there.

We are experiencing our normal weather here in S.Wales!
From
17:00 BST on Mon 4 October
To
04:00 BST on Tue 5 October
Heavy rain is likely to produce some disruption this evening and overnight.
- A few homes and businesses flooded
- Bus and train services affected with journey times taking longer
- Spray and flooding on roads will make journey times longer

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Did you manage to get a hire car okay? 😂
Enjoy your stay, not jealous at all. Not like I was supposed to be flying out there later this week or anything.😀

Edited at 03:44 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Did you manage to get a hire car okay? 😂
Enjoy your stay, not jealous at all. Not like I was supposed to be flying out there later this week or anything.😀
I am only too sorry that my fellow Dibbers can;t be here and I am keeping everything crossed for the opening date announcement.

We had booked a hire car through Andy at DFCH and it was available when we got there.