Notices

Old 4 Oct 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Anthem Adventures with Andy - a non solo Duchess adventure!

Welcome to my pre trippie for my 3rd and final cruise of 2021! Yes, you did read that right, I’ve been lucky enough to have 3 cruises booked this year in very quick succession, and hopefully I’ve saved the best until the last!

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Mel – nicknamed many years ago The Duchess of Wigan on the now retired Dibbcast and somehow the name has stuck!

I’m a huge fan of all things Disney – sadly a missing element from the upcoming holiday and also a connoisseur of cocktails - I’m expecting these to be in abundance over the next instalments of the report!

I’ve been travelling solo now for quite a few years, but earlier in the year I decided to brave the terrifying world of online dating – and I won’t lie it’s been an “interesting” experience to put it mildly, but as a result of some cocktail inspired swiping on-board my first cruise of the year, I matched up with a guy in Belfast. Yes that’s right, Belfast – and I live across the Irish Sea in Lancashire 🤦

So as you might expect I wasn’t holding out any expectations on this match, however we somehow clicked over daily messages, which led to daily telephone calls and finally on my second cruise of the year, we managed to have our first date on my scheduled port day in Belfast!

It was pretty amazing as first dates go, and within hours of meeting, we had scheduled our second date over in Lancashire and I had invited him to come along on my third cruise of the year which he accepted!

So after 90 minutes on the phone with Royal Caribbean, this cruise is no longer a solo affair – I will be travelling with Andy!

No pics at this stage, he is as yet unaware of my fairly healthy Dibb addiction (😱 ) and I don’t think it right to post pics without his permission – I’m sure that at some point on our next date or during the cruise this will be a conversation we will have, so watch this space!

This cruise will be back on-board the Anthem of the Seas

A Royal Caribbean ship, and if I’m completely honest my favourite cruise line (just!) so I’m really looking forward to introducing Andy to cruises as this will be his first one!

It’s a 5 night cruise, heading from Southampton up to Liverpool where we are planning to get off the ship and have a wander round, and also to Belfast – I’m hoping to see a little more of the city this time than Café Nero as I will have my own personal tour guide with me!

I will confess there is a tiny part of me that thinks I’m completely mad going on a cruise as a third date, but if the pandemic has taught me anything it is that life is short and you need to take every opportunity to live it to the full – and that’s exactly what I’m doing! He’s an amazing guy, we have both felt a strong connection and I have to say I am so excited for this cruise – it’s going to be epic ❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Welcome to my pre trippie for my 3rd and final cruise of 2021! Yes, you did read that right, I’ve been lucky enough to have 3 cruises booked this year in very quick succession, and hopefully I’ve saved the best until the last!

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Mel – nicknamed many years ago The Duchess of Wigan on the now retired Dibbcast and somehow the name has stuck!

I’m a huge fan of all things Disney – sadly a missing element from the upcoming holiday and also a connoisseur of cocktails - I’m expecting these to be in abundance over the next instalments of the report!

I’ve been travelling solo now for quite a few years, but earlier in the year I decided to brave the terrifying world of online dating – and I won’t lie it’s been an “interesting” experience to put it mildly, but as a result of some cocktail inspired swiping on-board my first cruise of the year, I matched up with a guy in Belfast. Yes that’s right, Belfast – and I live across the Irish Sea in Lancashire 🤦

So as you might expect I wasn’t holding out any expectations on this match, however we somehow clicked over daily messages, which led to daily telephone calls and finally on my second cruise of the year, we managed to have our first date on my scheduled port day in Belfast!

It was pretty amazing as first dates go, and within hours of meeting, we had scheduled our second date over in Lancashire and I had invited him to come along on my third cruise of the year which he accepted!

So after 90 minutes on the phone with Royal Caribbean, this cruise is no longer a solo affair – I will be travelling with Andy!

No pics at this stage, he is as yet unaware of my fairly healthy Dibb addiction (😱 ) and I don’t think it right to post pics without his permission – I’m sure that at some point on our next date or during the cruise this will be a conversation we will have, so watch this space!

This cruise will be back on-board the Anthem of the Seas

A Royal Caribbean ship, and if I’m completely honest my favourite cruise line (just!) so I’m really looking forward to introducing Andy to cruises as this will be his first one!

It’s a 5 night cruise, heading from Southampton up to Liverpool where we are planning to get off the ship and have a wander round, and also to Belfast – I’m hoping to see a little more of the city this time than Café Nero as I will have my own personal tour guide with me!

I will confess there is a tiny part of me that thinks I’m completely mad going on a cruise as a third date, but if the pandemic has taught me anything it is that life is short and you need to take every opportunity to live it to the full – and that’s exactly what I’m doing! He’s an amazing guy, we have both felt a strong connection and I have to say I am so excited for this cruise – it’s going to be epic ❤️
How exciting,some things are just meant to be ❤️
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
How exciting!

What a great third date
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Great stuff Mel!👍 life is for living and none of us know what lies ahead. Just think what we’d all have done different if we’d known 2 years ago that there was such a thing as a pandemic for instance?!
I hope that you both have an amazing cruise that’s memorable for all the right reasons. Bon voyage 👋
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

So happy for you! Have fun planning for a wonderful time - hope Andy likes cocktails! X
Old 4 Oct 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Yay - how exciting

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

This is just so exciting I can't wait to read it and boy as dates go you certainly push the boat (sorry) out
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
How exciting,some things are just meant to be ❤️
Thank you 😊

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
How exciting!

What a great third date
Thank you - I thought so too 😂

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
Great stuff Mel!👍 life is for living and none of us know what lies ahead. Just think what we’d all have done different if we’d known 2 years ago that there was such a thing as a pandemic for instance?!
I hope that you both have an amazing cruise that’s memorable for all the right reasons. Bon voyage 👋
Thank you - totally agree 😊

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
So happy for you! Have fun planning for a wonderful time - hope Andy likes cocktails! X
Thanks - so do I, but as he told me in one of his messages, he’s Irish - he can outdrink me! I feel a challenge coming on 🤔😂

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
This is just so exciting I can't wait to read it and boy as dates go you certainly push the boat (sorry) out
😂😂 I’ll be honest, I’ve no idea how a 4th date can top this one!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Go for it Mel, life is for living 😊
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Have a fantastic trip
Looking forward to the updates
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List