Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Arriving on a later flight

Normally when flying to Orlando we arrive around 3pm local time.

This time we are flying indirect to Miami and won’t arrive until 7pm. Taking into account immigration queues and the transfer to our hotel I'm presuming we will be exhausted.

Just looking to hear others experiences of arriving on a later flight, do you “do anything” that evening or just collapse into bed to save yourself for the next day?
Old 24 Oct 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I always choose a later flight when I can, find it much easier than struggling through from mid-afternoon. By the time I do check in, maybe get some food and settle into the room, it's a reasonable time to go to bed.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Prefer a later flight. Yes you may be tired but you will also be tired if you arrive earlier. You won’t have any immigration queues as you will arrive in domestic, so just collect bags and go.
We would just settle into accommodation, and depending on time either out for a quick meal at the likes of IHOP or have aPizza delivered.
That way you should be fresher in the morning ready to start your holiday.

Edited at 04:09 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Circumstances usually mean we always arrive late to Orlando. We did arrive from Manchester once on an early flight but we were so tired that we just had something to eat and had an early night. We live in Scotland so drove down to Manchester the night before after work and stayed in an hotel so we were probably already tired.
I’m now used to arriving late grabbing something to eat and straight to bed.
Old 24 Oct 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

last time we flew it was with Norwegian and it was terrible. Longest wait in immigration ever. We were absolutely knackered and didn't arrive to our hotel until 10pm. It was only because it was cheap we did it. Would always try earlier in future
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
All we want to do on arrival day is get to the villa, and pop to the Walmart to stock the villa up. We've never considered doing anything else that day.
We're arriving fairly late next year too so it's up to the driver whether we manage to get out and get shopping. One year we arrived late and we really didn't fancy staying up to go shopping, so we went to bed and went the next morning at stupid o'clock
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We usually drive to our hotel about an hour away, get food, have a beer and flop. Normally up and out the next morning before 8. But we’re never in any particular rush to get to Orlando either.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Both our trips so far have involved us not checking in until 10pm. The first time we were delayed 5 hours by snow. Second time the plane arrived 6.30 and immigration was quick but customs was crazy, it was 9pm by the time we got to Magic Express and then sat there for half an hour before moving.

First time we were at POR. We got some food from the food court and found our way to the room.

Second time was SSR, they took us to the room on a golf buggy. We found our way over to Marketplace and went to Wolfgang Puck Express for pizza. It was bitterly cold weather and they had sold out of a lot of things. Got back to the room by about 11.30 but we were still up at 3am making coffee!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We don’t ever plan anything more than check in, food and a swim or explore the property the first night. We know with jet lag we will be awake super early the next morning and want to make the first full day a good one , not run out of steam early in the day.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Generally I tend to be on flights that mean I get to my resort around 7pm-ish. In the past, I've done both extremes on arrival day - collapse into bed (maybe with a quick stop at the food court for food) and wake up extremely early the next morning to hit rope drop; or go to MK and stay until close!

I tend to not plan anything for the first night. If I'm up to going to a park then that's great and I'll do it, but if I'm too tired I won't push it. Although I think I may have booked one Disney After Hours for arrival day before (if my memory doesn't fail me)...

It's hard to know how tired/awake I'll be on arrival due to the length of the journey and the jet lag (I fly to MCO from a little bit further away than the UK so it's a longer journey and more time zones though). On occasion I have been extremely well rested from the flights and completely ready to go on touchdown at MCO!