Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Taking flowers with you?

It’s just suddenly hit me that the £2,500 we’re spending on wedding flowers we won’t get to enjoy at home after the wedding as we fly 2 days after 😭

So we marry on the Sunday and fly to Florida on the Tuesday. I’ll take some to the cemetery before we fly and give the rest away, but I’m wondering… has anyone taken flowers with them? I’d love to take my bouquet and have it in our room in a vase.
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Is the £2500 a typo ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Is the £2500 a typo ?
Nope 😅
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
£2500!

Back in 1983 we didn't spend that on the whole Wedding and had over 80 Guests at a sit down meal as well.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
£2500!

Back in 1983 we didn't spend that on the whole Wedding and had over 80 Guests at a sit down meal as well.
I have saved on only having one bridesmaid if that sounds better 🤣

I have just had another idea
I can drop some in at the local care home too
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Louise. I think the problem is that a lot of us older posters on here are living in the past.

I know our Son and his Partner are planning their Wedding and we listen to their plans and the figures are mind boggling. But there again it’s a different era.

I do like your idea of the care home and cemetery.

Your Dad would be so proud of you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

It's easy to spend that on fllowers for a wedding, especially if you have a good florist who uses quality flowers and/or want elaborate displays. One of my florist friends has a minimum spend of £3000 and is completely fully booked and turns work away regularly. I'm picking up a load of foliage today for a wedding on Saturday, and that alone is costing me over £250 wholesale - just for the green stuff! It's the same as everything really - there are suppliers and products for every budget. No different to economy vs UC on a flight, or Primark jeans vs designer jeans.

However, to answer your question Louise, I don't know anyone that has. Depending on where you're going you might find that border control at the other end won't let you take them in due to the possible risk of pests that may affect their crops and plant life. I've watched far too much Nothing to Declare

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I don't think a bouquet would last as the flowers will probably be wired and taped, so no stems to take up water. I think you will need to resign yourself to giving them all away to loving homes on the night. There's usually someone at each table that has been helpful with the wedding planning or is a close relative, and that takes are of the table arrangements. At least that's how we did 8t in my day. I think some people have their bouquet pressed and dried, but I wouldn't know where to start with that. You would prob need to get your bouquet to them quickly.
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

I kept my bouquet at home with the intention of having it freeze dried. I never got round to doing it but because I was a tad disappointed with it - I asked for red flowers to match the bouquet my nan had on her wedding day and on the day the florist put red and pink in it. It didnt ruin our day at all though I have to say!

It's a nice thing to do if you wanted to keep it. We gave the rest of our flowers to family at the actual wedding. They got some enjoyment out of them
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by All-smiles View Post
I kept my bouquet at home with the intention of having it freeze dried. I never got round to doing it but because I was a tad disappointed with it - I asked for red flowers to match the bouquet my nan had on her wedding day and on the day the florist put red and pink in it. It didnt ruin our day at all though I have to say!

It's a nice thing to do if you wanted to keep it. We gave the rest of our flowers to family at the actual wedding. They got some enjoyment out of them
I was just going to suggest getting them freeze dried

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List