Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 16, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
what would you do...

Ages away yet but putting together our budget so I know what to save monthly...

We are staying onsite at all star music (we love being in the Disney bubble) withe QSDP and thinking about leaving US and IOA out for this trip as there is not going to be a lot for my then 21 month old to do at either of these parks. This would save us around £320 in tickets plus saving on food/travel. So probably about £400 in total.

That said loads of our favourite rides are at these parks, but it would mean a lot of child swapping etc and I'm worried it would be selfish to make her queue for tonnes of things and not get to ride. I'm so torn...

My question is this...

Would you go to the parks anyway and have a couple of "selfish days"?

Or not go and use the money saved to upgrade to the full DDP?

Or not go and change hotel to AOA (little mermaid)

Or not go and just save £400?
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Anyone?
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Couldn't be more similar to my dilemma lol x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

I think a lot would depend on if you were planning on going back in the future. We love the universal parks but in your position I would probably stay with the disney parks and have a more relaxed holiday. However if you really want to do universal I dont think your daughter will be phased by you doing the child swap and there are still lots of areas at universal she will love.
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Not sure why you think this is selfish. You are on holiday and there are things you want to do. Child swapping doesn't have to mean hanging around, one of you could take your child to Seuss, while the other does Marvel, using single-rider. An hour or so later, meet up and swap.
Old 1 May 16, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

this is the same as us only our kids will be 4 and 6 when we go. We're just doing disney this time out and pacing ourself. as much as i would love to go to US and IOA i think it's too much for us to cram in on our holiday with the 2 kids. don't want to burn them out... plus it leaves extra ££ for spends
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Devonlou
Very Serious Dibber

I would upgrade the hotel. What about a deluxe I.e. Saratoga to get the full ddp? It worked out cheaper than a moderate with upgraded dining for our dates x
SSR August 2015 & 2017
OKW August 2019
Devonlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would skip universal and just do disney. Upgrading depends on whether you want to eat at table service. We did quick service last year but have upgraded to table next year as there are so many restaurants we want to try - only you know whether you want to spend the £400 on the dining plan upgrade, but don't forget to plan for 18-20% of tips on top...might affect your decision
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Mobile

Some great points raised! It won't be our last visit so there is that! We normally pay out of pocket for a couple of table service meals and really enjoy them... Hence considering DDP. Hotel consideration is purely because I really like the look of AOA and I think the theming would be more exciting to an almost 2 year old...

It's a toughie

Hubby reckons leave them out until a future trip. Says DDP may be too restrictive and he doesn't care which hotel as long as we are there lol so he says save the money...
Old 1 May 16, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We are staying at CBR with QSDP
Closed Thread