Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 May 16, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Voldemort
Excited about Disney

Where do you collect Disney Gift Card?

We've been told by Virgin we need to pick up our Disney Gift Card from the airport at Orlando. Is it hard to find the desk?

Plus is it better to pick up our vehicle hire first from Alamo then pop back inside to collect the gift card? Don't want to waste ages queuing for everything.
Voldemort is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney gift card

I got mine last year from world of Disney, at Disney springs. You go to the back of the shop near the jewellery. You need to take your ID to collect it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Batwoman View Post
I got mine last year from world of Disney, at Disney springs. You go to the back of the shop near the jewellery. You need to take your ID to collect it.
We did the same in 2015 - not sure if its changed - I recommend going early as we went one evening and there was a long wait as it was busy
Old 16 May 16, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We've got to collect ours this year too, always booked direct with Disney before and collected from downtown Disney. My virgin paperwork has details on where to collect the gift card, it's not the same terminal that we'll be collecting the Disney express from so that's a fair bit of traipsing around for us.

I think the car hire collection is in the same terminal as the Disney express so you may be better off collecting the gift card first.

My invoice states:

Please collect your Disney gift card on arrival to Orlando int airport at the virgin holidays desk located on A side level 1 next to carousel 8A or virgin holidays pitstop. The gift card will be forfeited if it is not picked up on arrival.

Edited at 04:38 PM.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Batwoman View Post
If you book through virgin you need to collect at the airport. Bookings made direct with Disney I'll collect it from Disney springs.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
M.poppins
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

What if you booked via a different travel agent?
Old 16 May 16, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by M.poppins View Post
What if you booked via a different travel agent?
I've only had experience booking with Disney and virgin. You'd need to ask your travel agent. I think I've read before that some are posted to you and others collect at reception when they checkin.

With magic bands now you'd think they'd just be able to load them on there, would make it so much easier.
Old 16 May 16, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I've only had experience booking with Disney and virgin. You'd need to ask your travel agent. I think I've read before that some are posted to you and others collect at reception when they checkin.

With magic bands now you'd think they'd just be able to load them on there, would make it so much easier.
There is nothing loaded on a Magic Band whatsoever. It is merely an electronic link to your account with Disney. I do hear what you are saying though. It can be put against your room account in the same way that your credit card is.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Evenstar120
Trying for More Ears

I've booked with Ocean Florida and I haven't had any instructions so far where to collect this from.
Evenstar120 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ruddian
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
We've been told by Virgin we need to pick up our Disney Gift Card from the airport at Orlando. Is it hard to find the desk?

Plus is it better to pick up our vehicle hire first from Alamo then pop back inside to collect the gift card? Don't want to waste ages queuing for everything.
The Virgin holiday desk where you collect your voucher is right near baggage reclaim. I waited in line for the voucher whilst hubby got the bags then we travelled off to Magic Express together. I thought it was easier than getting it from Disney Springs x
ruddian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread