Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

Extra special / different things to do around Disney area

Hello Dibbers,

We are a family of four (two children aged 11 and 13) staying next year at the Disney Beach Club. We have visited all the main parks before (including Discovery Cove) but will be giving Universal and DC a miss this time around. I was hoping to surprise the family with an adventure or experience this time around that we haven't tried before. Possibly a helicopter ride to view the parks from the air, an animal experience at AK or book a cabana at one of the Disney waterparks etc. Can you think of any experiences you've tried out that you could recommend? Thank you.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
The helicopter ride is amazing idea, especially if you can time it right to go at night when the fireworks are going off. The view is just incredible.
Have you thought about the kennedy space centre? or maybe even a trip to Daytona beach
If you head to the daytona race track you can ride in one of the nascars around the track. its amazing!

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you Kymmie, I hadn't thought of timing the helicopter ride for the fireworks and it sounds like a great idea. I may be limited to some activities because we do not drive when in Orlando (my husband drives for a living here in the UK and doesn't want to get near a car when on holiday) but I'll still check out Daytona and Kennedy in case I can find transportation. Thank you.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OrlandoNick View Post
Thank you Kymmie, I hadn't thought of timing the helicopter ride for the fireworks and it sounds like a great idea. I may be limited to some activities because we do not drive when in Orlando (my husband drives for a living here in the UK and doesn't want to get near a car when on holiday) but I'll still check out Daytona and Kennedy in case I can find transportation. Thank you.
I have never done it but I have heard that you can pre arrange transport to kennedy space - think its like a bus shuttle and when you pre buy the tickets you include transport. It then picks up from idrive so you would only need to get there rather then all the way to Kennedy Space Centre.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I think you're right. I've seen it in a different thread that you can get transport from IDrive.

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Balloon flight only takes half your day up though and early start 5am ish we did it and enjoyed the views
Old 27 Jun 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tray22
Excited about Disney

There is a Segway tour around Celebration - haven't done it but it looks good
tray22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you all for the recommendations - they sound amazing and have given me food for thought. Roll on next year when I'll get to try the activities out
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by tray22 View Post
There is a Segway tour around Celebration - haven't done it but it looks good
We done it last week - excellent
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List