Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jun 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
CupcakeJoo
Very Serious Dibber

CupcakeJoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Just Home - Our 2 Weeks Review

Hi all

We just got back yesterday morning after a 2 week stay in Orlando.

We flew into Sanford with TUI on the Dreamliner. The whole party agreed they were the best flights we've been on in a really long time. Also Sanford airport was fab! We had collected bags, done security and got our car transfer all in around 80 mins. The drive down to Disney was fine! And the drive back in the car to Sanford airport was also fab!

We stayed at Coronado Springs for 5 nights then moved to a villa for 9 nights. We all agreed we wished we had booked the Disney hotel for 14 nights (I tried not to say I told you so!). The free dining plan was amazing and we barely spent anything as a result during the first 6 days! We are gutted they don't do rooms for 5 people as we won't be able to go back
(One of my kids went in my parents room).

The resort was beautiful. The staff and other guests were all fantastic and so lovely. No issues with the buses at all. Food was lovely! Pool was amazing and our rooms were perfect.
Dining plan was brilliant although I think it we had stayed longer we wouldn't have upgraded to the DDP as there was just way too much food. I think the QSDP would suit us more for a longer stay!
Starbucks large drinks were our fave snack credit lol.

Car hire - we picked up a car from Disney's car centre with Alamo. Hands down the rudest lady I've ever come across in Florida! She tutted at me, rolled her eyes, gave me dirty looks etc. and basically acted like I was stupid because I didn't want to upgrade the car to a bigger one, or pay for the petrol to take it back empty. Horrible lady!

The first of my "low but not bad low's" would be my kids preferring pool time rather than being in the parks. EYE ROLL! They found it hot and tiring the first few days and so we didn't accomplish everything we wanted too.

Our villa was beautiful (I think it's a Dibb Villa I will check and edit! ). In Davenport near Championsgate. Perfect location. Amazingly well appointed, spacious and clean!
Yes it is! Called Big Disney Villa on Windwood Bay
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=429

Overall our major high was the character meals. Our kids loved them! We did Tusker House, Crystal Palace (brekkies) and then 1900 Park Fare for dinner. All were amazing and looking at my kids and how happy they were made me cry!

We also had some amazing safari rides in our evening trips to AK. We saw more than we'd ever seen!

The trip did not go as I planned/hoped/wanted/expected... combination of
- the heat. We had 2 weeks with barely any rain until the last few days. It was so so hot. I'm sure it was worse than when we've been in August before!
- the kids. They didn't get that "Disney" feel I wanted/hoped. They loved it and had some favourite rides; but they were also just so happy to be swimming and playing in the pool.
I think because of these two things, we just didn't get to do all I wanted to / hoped we would do. We are TERRIBLE Disney'ers - we didn't stay for ANY of the evening shows and fireworks! I know. It's so bad!
We only managed one morning in Hollywood Studios and 2 short visits to Epcot. We spent most park days in AK and MK.
We missed a lot of rides though, and I sometimes find myself feeling disappointed... but then my kids are my priority and I know they had a great holiday whatever so that's what matters.
We only visited Disney Springs once and I must admit to missing what it was like before. Our last trip was 2015 just when it was changing from DTD to DS.

Has anyone else planned their trip to be so amazing and then it maybe didn't turn out like that? I feel a sham haha!

Although I may sound negative, it was an amazing two weeks. We had some great times as a family and I'll never forget the smiles from my 3 little ones.
I think I need to feel a bit like I'm not the only one though haha!

We may try and go back in 5 years or so, but it's so expensive we just can't afford too. And we'll try Feb half term for cooler weather LOL

Julie xxx

Edited at 01:24 PM.
CupcakeJoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We just got back from out trip yesterday although we were on the Gulf Coast.

Agreed that it was so very hot & I imagine slightly cooler on the Gulf than in Orlando; we commented that it felt much hotter than our previous May & September trips.

It rained the day we left; that's it; ha!

Roll on September when we'll be back; counting down already!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee kate
slightly serious Dibber

Love your review. We had a similar time last year with my son and his girlfriend. They were happy to do less parks and have more pool time so not the normal parkfest we tend to do which pleased my DH. I agree with you about Disney Springs as I feel it has lost some of its Disneyness. I remember when it was Downtown Disney and Disney Marketplace. Much smaller and more magical. Thanks for sharing your experience
1995-Poinciana Blvd..1998- Lake Davenport..2000-Country Creek..2002 -Indian Creek..2003 -Calabay Park..October 06-Lake Davenport.. 2007 -Mission Park.2008 -Highlands Reserve.2009 - Silver Creek..2010- Southern Dunes..2014 Calabay Park..2016 Oak Island Harbor.. 2017 Highlands Reserve.. 2018 Oak Island Harbor
kissimmee kate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Your trip has to suit you and your family and if they are all happy that's all that matters. Sounds like you still managed to do a fair bit. We are going to Tusker's for breakfast in October so it's good to hear you enjoyed it.
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I think we (as planners) put too much pressure on ourselves. I lost count of the number of times I heard “can we go back the villa/pool now?” and me silently thinking “no, I want my money’s worth out of these extortionate tickets”. 😂
I actually said to DH at one point that we could’ve saved ourselves a fortune & just stayed in the villa for 2 weeks by the pool!
Like you, we just wanted the kids to have a wonderful time (which they did), and I’m sure yours did as well.
I think if we’re able to return in a few years, then I might plan more waterpark days. We went to Blizzard Beach & hotel pool at LRPR Universal and kids wanted to do all the other water parks but just couldn’t fit it all in the itinerary!
A great & honest report though. Hope your jet lag isn’t too bad.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I sometimes think why did we ever buy the whole ticket package on our first visit . We would have been better off doing one theme park (ie Disney only) then saving the money towards the next visit and then doing a different one 😀 .
I think most kids love a pool but it is very difficult trying to cram it all in and keeping everyone happy . We forget just how big the whole thing is I think and also a holiday 😂😂
Sounds like you made memories and had a blast which is all that matters .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s sounds great to me, we love pool days, beach days and water parks. When the kids were young we were at the parks and they wanted to leave and go back to the pool. Queuing in the heat is too much sometimes, it took us a few visits to see the fireworks at MK. As long as you all have fun that’s the main thing xx