Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

For those who have been to Tokyo Disneyland

Hi there, I'm considering a holiday to Japan next year as DH lived in Tokyo for a while as a child and is itching to go back. Obviously a trip to Disney (and possible Universal) is a must for us can anyone tell me how many days Tokyo Disney would take to tour properly and direct me to how you go about booking hotels / tickets etc as the website I have found is a bit confusing.

Many thanks in advance.
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
misslilo
Excited about Disney

Our travel agent got our tickets - definitely worth asking if you have one. I would strongly recommend insidejapan.

We spent 2 days there across both parks but didn't stay long,
We arrived mid morning and left early evening... only did about 2 rides at each park and just soaked up the atmosphere. We did go just after obon... Not sure if this affected how busy it was, but queues were VERY long and we failed to get anything on the lottery. I think to do it properly, you'd need longer than a day in each park.

Can't help with hotels I'm afraid, as we stayed in shinjuku and got the train in each day.

Edited at 11:26 AM.
misslilo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I haven't been yet - but I am going this summer. We are planning to have 2 days in each of the Disney Parks, then 3 days exploring Tokyo, then we are getting the bullet train to Hiroshima, then back to Osaka to do Universal Studios, Osaka and Kyoto. Then we are flying to Hong Kong and spending 3 days there including a day in Disney Hong Kong then home.
We are staying in one of the partner hotels on the monorail loop for Disney Tokyo then in Shinjuku for the central Tokyo sightseeing. We will get the tickets either online or when we get there.
I've just booked everything separately and will be getting a 7 day Japan Rail pass to cover the longer train journeys by bullet train.

Suzy
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

We were there immediately after the end of Golden Week in May, which is just about as quiet as the Disney Parks get. We spent one very full day in each park plus a third day divided between them - mostly DisneySea with a final hour or so in Disneyland. This gave us plenty of time to do everything we wanted to do. We stayed in a Disney hotel, which also gave us the benefit of a Happy 15 admission ticket.
Old 7 Jun 17, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I've visited 3x now, and have always done the same because of the way the tickets work: 3 days, first 2 one park only, 3rd day park hopper. I think that's the only way you can do it properly as you will definitely want to go back and do anything you missed, as well as some of the incredible rides you'll want to repeat.

Given the long queues, it's quite likely that you might miss something the first time around and make it a priority for the park hopper day.

I'd find cramming both parks into 2 days exhausting.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'd say at least 3 days in the two parks. They're huge, with lots of things, and Tokyo DisneySea in particular is so different from the other Disney parks that it's worth spending lots of extra time in.

Unless you're staying in one of the Disney hotels, the tickets work by 1st day one park, 2nd day the other park, and then you only get to park hop on the 3rd day.

I stayed at one of the partner hotels (Sheraton - they had newly renovated some rooms when I went in 2015 and those rooms were great). Think I booked it directly with Sheraton if I don't remember wrongly. It was great - I could check in at the train station next to Disneyland (got park tickets, hotel room key there, and later in the day went straight up to room in hotel to find luggage waiting there), and easy access to the monorail.

I considered staying at one of the Disney hotels but found it very hard to get availability through the Tokyo Disneyland website. They look great though especially Mira Costa!