Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Florida Escapes
Unread 5 Nov 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Sounds like a great trip youve got planned.
We just arrived home from Dubai today, had a lovely time and weather was perfect.
Thats fab to hear, thank you. Glad you had a good time.

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Have a wonderful time, you really will. Dubai is one of our most favourite places. We have really spoilt ourselves too... we stayed twice at the Burj Al Arab, 3 times at the Al Qasr and 3 times at the Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, which is one of the most amazing places in the world.

It is truly heaven... well apart from the Atlantis, we hated that.

Have a brilliant time and Happy Anniversary. xxxxxx
Thank you. We are having a peek in the Burj al Arab. So many people say such good things about Dubai. I cant believe its taken us so long !

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Oh Amanda sorry to read that the last few months for you have been pants

On the plus side you will have a fab time in Dubai It is my favourite city, I absolutely loved it
Ah Kelly thank you so much. Miss our little group chats.. I a, hoping we love it too !

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
It's perfect temps at the min isn't it?!
Good to hear . And pleased you got home ok !

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Hi Amanda

I am sorry you have had such a bad few months ((hugs))

We loved Dubai! I would happily go back again and again! I hope it is just the break you need!
Thanks . Hope all going ok on the uni front. I am so glad we are through that whole application business. We are looking forward to some proper downtime !

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
I love reading your trip reports, I look forward to this as I have never been to Dubai so will be interested to find out how you got on and what you enjoyed.
Thank you thats so kind. Im hoping its as good as everyone tells me

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time.

I'm really interested to hear about your trip. I had my finger poised on the button to book with Emirates for February next year but at the last minute we changed our mind and booked Hong Kong instead!

Dubai is therefore still on the list! Looking forward to reading more x
Ah, thank you. I shall report in full
Hong Kong is on our list ...
Unread 5 Nov 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ive had confirmation back for our booking at Burj Al Arab. Hurrah.

I had wanted to do the cocktails at Gold on 24 but then I read that its a place that allows smoking so we binned it. Andys been an ex smoker the best part of 10 years now so its just not something that would be enjoyable for us.

Instead weve gone for their sunset drinks, DJ and tapas type package at the Scape Lounge. Which means we will also still be able to get back to our hotel for late dinner and the all important cocktails.

Still waiting for Viator to confirm our Burj Khalifa tix slot which is a bit annoying as the availability is getting limited. I only booked with them for a discount. I wish Id booked direct on the site now.

Now reviewing the in flight film options . Ever the planner ...
Unread 5 Nov 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
It sounds like a dismal summer with life dishing out the dirt for you. I hope you are able to enjoy your adults only getaway.

I am in approval of the no plan/morning outings plan. Who needs to go anywhere when you've got afternoon tea, followed by cocktails, followed by canapes?

I'm loving the look of all your outfits. I hope you get the chance to wear them all...don't let that interfere with the eating of canapes and drinking of cocktails though.

I'm looking forward to reading all about this next adventure in the eastern direction and not the westerly direction. Who knows maybe a new love will be kindled?

I bet you come home all relaxed and pampered ready to tackle what is thrown at you next.I'm confident the cocktails will help prepare your liver for the inevitable excesses of Christmas and who cares if you've spent all the present money on a holiday for yourselves...ok so the teens (can I still call them that? Perhaps that description is inadequate now?) might have a grumble, but then they always find something to grumble about.

Have a blast it sounds like you need it!

X
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ been and gone, back to CBR
Unread 5 Nov 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ive had confirmation back for our booking at Burj Al Arab. Hurrah.

I had wanted to do the cocktails at Gold on 24 but then I read that its a place that allows smoking so we binned it. Andys been an ex smoker the best part of 10 years now so its just not something that would be enjoyable for us.

Instead weve gone for their sunset drinks, DJ and tapas type package at the Scape Lounge. Which means we will also still be able to get back to our hotel for late dinner and the all important cocktails.

Still waiting for Viator to confirm our Burj Khalifa tix slot which is a bit annoying as the availability is getting limited. I only booked with them for a discount. I wish Id booked direct on the site now.

Now reviewing the in flight film options . Ever the planner ...
How exciting Your plans all sound fab! Fingers crossed that you get the confirmation for the Burj Khalifa asap.

I miss our group chats too I just can't get into the new social group the same as our original one. Hope the boys are well even if they are giving you a headache

Wishing Andy & yourself a fantastic well deserved break Looking forward to the report.

Kelly x
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A wee change - HRH Tenerife
Unread 5 Nov 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
princesschazy
Earning My Ears

4 cases for 5 days? I assume Andy is only taking hand luggage? 😂😂😂 Sounds absolutely fabulous! Make sure your luggage scale goes in a suitcase not like silly me in hand luggage - they cut the measuring bit out and offered us the empty shell!
princesschazy is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We loved loved loved Dubai and would go back in an instant. Looking forward to seeing it again through your eyes. Enjoy the luxury.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Take us back to the magic
Unread 5 Nov 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
After the year youve had, you deserve a bit of spoiling Amanda! Hope you both enjoy every single moment and all the dramas are at an end now. X
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A few days in Washington DC
Unread 5 Nov 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing trip Amanda.
I would love to go, but I am slightly apprehensive for various reasons.
I hope that your year improves soon.
More dresses...

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Boston for the first time.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less