Link to this Post
Theigoes
Excited about Disney

Theigoes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
POR - not in the room we paid for ?

Morning all,

I wonder if anyone can help with this problem. We arrived last night at POR. we had booked a preferred room, on arrival were allocated block 28. I queried this as I knew that wasn’t a preferred block and was told oh you are in a garden view room so technically this is an upgrade.

We have now had time to look at the rack rates and I’m pretty sure the lady on front desk has fobbed us off. Just wanted to see if you lovely dibbers agree and I have actually been downgraded from the room we paid for ?

Thanks
2003 Hotel 2005 calabay Park Villa 2006 All Stars Sports 2007 Windsor Hills 2008 Champions Gate Villa ,2011 orange tree villa,2014rolling hills villa HRH and the dolphin, 2017 highlands villa.2019 POR and HRH
Theigoes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

If you unhappy tge best to do is go back to desk and explain tgat you are not happy and why. If you absolutely want prefered then just ask them to move you
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

go back and complain. Be clear that garden view is no use to you, and you paid for preferred to be close to facilities so you want what you paid for and this is not great start of very expensive holiday - they need to sort it out!

Edited at 11:14 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
elle573
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Whenever I have priced up POR, preferred has always been more expensive then the garden view room. I would definitely go and query the information you were given at the desk.
elle573 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
speedygonzales
Excited about Disney

We're booked in to a preferred room next week so paying close attention to this.
I tried to do a dummy booking on the Disney site for various dates up until August next year and I'm not getting the preferred room option, not going to get overly concerned just now, Disney wouldn't be Disney if it missed an opportunity to enhance your vacation and also relieve you of a few extra dollars at the same time :-)

Edited at 11:34 AM.
speedygonzales is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Theigoes
Excited about Disney

Theigoes's Reviews
Thanks all, thought we were right in our thinking , but you know what’s it’s like just arrived you are shattered and just want to get to your room !

On the upside when we arrived at immigration there was no one in the hall and we were at the hotel within an hour of landing , now that’s some Disney magic right there !

Off to reception now to have a chat , fingers crossed they are helpful.

Thanks

Nicky
2003 Hotel 2005 calabay Park Villa 2006 All Stars Sports 2007 Windsor Hills 2008 Champions Gate Villa ,2011 orange tree villa,2014rolling hills villa HRH and the dolphin, 2017 highlands villa.2019 POR and HRH
Theigoes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Theigoes
Excited about Disney

Theigoes's Reviews
Mobile

Update for you

Went to reception and a very helpful lady agreed we had been downgraded and gave us a resort credit for the difference , which we were happy with can’t be bothered to move rooms which we could have done.

Pretty sure DD will have no trouble spending the money !

Thanks again everyone x
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

she could have done little more to apologise for the hassle they caused but good outcome if you are happy with the room. Not a good think from WDW to try to downgrade people and lie that it's upgrade!
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
she could have done little more to apologise for the hassle they caused but good outcome if you are happy with the room. Not a good think from WDW to try to downgrade people and lie that it's upgrade!
Agreed

I would want at least 3 Fastpasses.. cause its ruined my holiday after saving for 3 years. You have destroyed the Magic, can I speak to the Manager..sniff sniff

Disney332
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TwinkleToes78
Trying for More Ears

We booked a preferred room which we got in 27, which actually didn’t feel very preferred. A trek to the car park and the food court. We had asked for connecting rooms or at least close to my parents, we got rooms at opposite sides of the building. The man who checked us in also said we would have upper floor but both got ground. My husband complained and there was no response. We got used to the rooms but I did feel we didn’t get what we paid for at all. After 4 days my husband mentioned how disappointing it was that we didn’t receive a response. This must be a big no no because we immediately got a call from management who were all apologies. They offered us connecting rooms in 28 which we moved to for last 6 nights. We were given a credit of appprox 35 dollars each night for the downgrade of the room so you definitely aren’t in a preferred room. We were also given a credit for one night to apologize for the inconvenience! We just checked out yesterday - good luck. Edited - Just read you have it sorted - have a great holiday! 😃

Edited at 12:51 PM.
TwinkleToes78 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List