Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 12, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cassie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gill38 View Post
Are there two lots of firework at Epcot of NYE?
Yes - 6.30pm and 11.40pm
Cassie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 12, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sammyj7
Apprentice Imagineer

Don't know what to do we land new years eve do we...

1 go to the villa dump everything and go to Epcot or
2 go to the villa... Go Walmart/Publix have an early night as will be tired!

But if we go Epcot that counts as day 1 on ticket 😏
[COLOR="Red"]2013 woodlands reserve COLOR][/SIZE]
sammyj7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 12, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sammyj7 View Post
Don't know what to do we land new years eve do we...

1 go to the villa dump everything and go to Epcot or
2 go to the villa... Go Walmart/Publix have an early night as will be tired!

But if we go Epcot that counts as day 1 on ticket 😏
Yeah, I wouldn't want to surrender a ticket day for an evening so would prob head to DTD for free or a hotel if you can book dinner at this time.
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 12, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

We did DTD with a meal at Raglan Road then the new years eve show at Cirque Du Soleil
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 12, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bethany
Trainee Dibber

Bethany's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've done Epcot and HS during the times we've been there for NYE. This year we're going to head back to HS and coincide that with the boardwalk and maybe have a nosey through some of the hotels too.
Bethany is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 12, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
We went to Epcot for NYE in 2004 and it was the best NYE I've ever had. We booked in at Alfredo's (now Tutto Italia) and had an amazing meal there with and experienced an electric atmosphere. All the Italians celebrated the New Year when it broke in Italy while we were there, and then an hour or so later, all the waiters and waitresses made us stand up in front of anyone (we were the only British in there) and sing the national anthem when the New Year broke in Britain, and then we celebrated again at midnight with the Americans with the most amazing fireworks display I have ever seen. Celebrated the New Year three times in one night. It was just out of this world amazing. Cannot recommend Epcot enough for this very special night!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 12, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink-a-bee
Imagineer

I'm still undecided about NYE Epcot does sound great, but will it be okay with a 4 and 7 year old - I'm just thinking about the recent thread about Epcot at weekends during the food and wine festival, and I'm imagining scences of drunken chaos! I'm just worried that it will be too busy and hectic for them to enjoy it properly.

What do seasoned Orlando NYE'ers recommend? Thinking maybe SW, or perhaps Celebration...?
Old 10 Dec 12, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I might be in the minority but we hated it at Epcot on NYE. It was just too busy for works, you couldn't get on anything and the atmosphere was lost because it was just too busy.

I had been advised to go early because sometimes the park gets closed due to it being full - I asked the question whether it would be better to go once the first lot of fireworks had finished but was told that there was a possibility that we would not get in so we went along early (well the park had been open maybe an hour or so) - there was no fastpasses left - the queues were 240 mins (who would stand that long?)

By the time the first lot of fireworks were due we had had enough - the kids (well they were 20 and 18) just wanted to go and so did we to be honest) so we left with thousands of others who were going after the first lot of fireworks. There were a lot more people leaving than coming in. If I had to do it again and wanted to see the New Year in at Epcot I would go later.

I am going to be over there on New Years Eve again this year - am not sure what we are doing but we won't be in any parks
Old 11 Dec 12, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post

We were in Outback doing the 7pm happy new year shout with loads of other Brits - boy did the Yanks look confused
Old 11 Dec 12, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
We have our one night onsite on NY'sE (Apart from the surprise night I know my DH has booked SOMEWHERE, thanks to the little package identical to our NY one!) and we have a balcony room booked at the GF so that if we get too tired in MK we can convene on the balcony to watch the MK fireworks!
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread