Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Imagineer

When to visit Tokyo

Hi!

DH & I have recently started researching a trip to Tokyo for either 2019 or 2020. We can get off work pretty much any time so wondering what you could recommend as the best time of year to go?

We're hoping to do 4 days at the Disney and Disney Sea parks and then maybe a couple days or more for sight seeing but really have no clue what we're doing so far apart from that

We've been pricing at flights and hotels for different times of year but wondered if there was a specific time that was better at the parks for whatever reason or even weather wise!

Thanks in advance!
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Apprentice Imagineer

I always go September, and really like it, very little rain and still nie and warm but I am having trouble for 2019, as I want to avoid the Rugby world cup, so not sure at the moment!
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Hi
I go to Japan a few times a year for work (and also for pleasure). I personally would not go after May or before end of September. It is too hot and humid and, particularly in Tokyo, the heat is trapped.
I have been in September, January, June, February, November and December.
My preferred month is November, preferably later in the month to catch the amazing maple season.
We went last Nov (21st- 8th Dec) and had perfect weather - not a drop of rain, mild and sunny.
I would try to give a reasonable amount of time to see Japan, not just Disney - IMHO itís s long way to go for a theme park. Allow a few days for Tokyo, ideally a visit to Kyoto. Last year we had some fab day trips from Tokyo - Nagano to see the snow monkeys, hakone to see Fuji and Nikko. We also went to Osaka and Hiroshima (as well as Kyoto which is beautiful in maple season).

Good luck with planning.
Reykjavik, Budapest, Berlin, California, Tennessee, New York, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Alaska, Toronto, Vancouver, Whistler,Prague, Munich, Berlin, Cologne, Brussels, Amsterdam, Canaries, Rome, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Japan, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Macau,Hong Kong, Myanmar, Helsinki, Athens, Norway

Edited at 08:31 AM.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We are planning the same for our silver wedding in 2020.

Currently reading lots of trippies on here and following YouTube vlogs - Tim Tracker and Krispy Smore did a joint trip recently.

Budget means we will only be able to do Tokyo and TDR with a day trip to Mount Fuji. Iím sure that will be enough for an 8 day trip.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Remember the Rugby World Cup 2019 kicks off in Japan on September 20th right through to the Final on November 2nd; loads of games in Tokyo and Yokohama.
Old 30 May 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post

Currently reading lots of trippies on here and following YouTube vlogs - Tim Tracker and Krispy Smore did a joint trip recently.

Budget means we will only be able to do Tokyo and TDR with a day trip to Mount Fuji. Iím sure that will be enough for an 8 day trip.
Its DW's and my 25th Anni in September 2019.
Old 30 May 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Imagineer

Thanks for the advice guys ! I think DH would love to be there for the rugby haha but it's our anniversary right at the start of December so the end of November might not be a bad idea ! I would imagine prices will be bumped up anyways when the rugby is on !
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post

OMG just realised the Olympics are in Tokyo in 2020!

Old 31 May 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We are avoiding the Olympics (heat, crowds and sport, ugh). But hoping to go in November which will suit us better.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List