Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 May 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile Gatwick south terminal hotel

Can anyone recommend best hotels for flying from the south terminal at Gatwick?
We're flying with BA in August and were looking at the premier inn at the north terminal but not sure how easy it is to get to South terminal from there with all the luggage etc the next morning?
We are travelling as 2 adults and 2 toddlers so need it to be as straight forward as possible! As we will have the kids, 4 x suitcases, 4 x hand luggage, double pushchair and possibly 2 x car seats!

Thank you!
Old 19 May 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

We don't like the Hotels at the South Terminal so always stay in the North. It is easy to get to the South.

Can you not do twilight check in ?

Happy Holidays. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve stayed at the bloc and premier inn north, and plan on staying at premier inn north in future. It’s a few mins shuttle ride over to the south terminal x
Old 19 May 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We always do the Premier Inn on Airport Way just minutes from the airport. After twilight check in we have dinner and a couple of drinks to start the holiday off.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
The two terminals are connected by a shuttle that runs continuously and takes a few minutes. You really do not need to worry which terminal you are flying from when making any decision about Gatwick, including which hotel to stay at.

The Sofitel is my "go to" hotel at Gatwick. Of all those I have stayed at, I consider it to be the best by some distance, and they offer a package with meet & greet parking to.

The novelty of Bloc appeals though, and we may well give it a try next time. It seems to get decent feedback from most that stay there.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I'm staying at Premier Inn North but flying from South Terminal in the morning.
Go with the best hotel for you as it only makes a couple of minutes difference to get to either terminal using the shuttle
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post

I always stay at the Sofitel as I am in that hotel groups loyalty scheme. Never waited more than two minutes for a shuttle to the other terminal and the shuttle journey is a couple of minutes too. So no need to stick to hotels at a specific terminal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

There's very little to choose between them all especially as most US flights mean it's sleep and run.
We left it too late to get a cheapie £35 at thePremier at the North terminal which is walkable last month sobooked the new Travelodge Plus a two minute shuttle ride away. Nice bar and food , even had an Easter egg hunt for the kids... for £28 ... bargain and one of the quietest airport hotels I've ever stayed in. Even though there were lots of guests coming and going at all hours as you'd expect, we didn't hear a thing !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If we have enough Tesco Deals we stay "free" at the Hilton attached to the south terminal. Not free of course but currently £3/£1 exchange rate. Book direct with Hilton and you don't pay taxes on top. However if I'm paying with real cash we've never beaten the PI opposite the north terminal pricewise.

As others have said don't choose the hotel simply on where you're flying from. Frequent monorail takes a few minutes.

Mick
Old 20 May 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

From what i read of your post, and if i were you, i would be booking the Bloc, 100%

Roll out of bed and into departures south

Go to check in, get yr boarding cards, return to yr room for remaining hand luggage etc and then go through security.

Disney332

Edited at 08:49 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List