Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Jun 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Laing
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Less week to go snacks and pack lunch advice

Help starting to panic we are travelling in 8 days could people give me any tips of food items I should bring from UK 🇬🇧 and then we planning on taking pack lunches into parks any advice ?

Are we are trying to save money on pack lunches rather than eating in parks we want to get nice treats for us and kids any tips and photos heard about Micky kitchen sink ?

We are a family of 2 adults , 16yr , 5yr , 2yr visiting all Disney and universal

Thanks again
Laing is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ayeready
Excited about Disney

Personally we don't take any food with us. It's America, they've got quite a bit of their own!

Without knowing your accommodation setup it's difficult to give tips. If you have access to a decent size fridge you can have breakfast in your room/apartment/villa each morning. Plenty of cereals to choose from in Walmart.
We normally have a big breakfast and skip lunch. Might have a small snack in the parks then have a big dinner.

Eating out can be cheaper than eating in so weigh up whats best for you.
ayeready is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wherever we go on holiday we tend to take variety pack cereals, cereal bars, favourite tea bags, sandwich bags, belvita breakfast bars, Orlando does have shops but ours are cheaper for this kind of thing. I will always try to cut costs if I can. We tended to have a decent breakfast in the villa so didn’t need to eat much during the day.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I like to take the Robinsons or Tesco Squash'd Juice so that keeps the cost of drinks down in the parks, just ask for iced water anywhere. I also take baked beans, as they are ridiculously expensive and I love doing a cooked breakfast with some Bob Evans sausages from Publix. Everything else we pick up at Walmart or Publix. We love the English Toasting Bread from Walmart, and make sandwiches to take out with us, together with soft drinks, lays and water. We usually stay in a villa, and use either a cool box or cool bag to take with us in the car. On our trip in May, we found that going to places like Wendy's or Steak and Shake were really cheap i.e. 4 for $4 - much cheaper than MacD's and much nicer - we absolutely loved Steak and Shake, especially the milkshakes. Cici's is also a great place - really cheap with a Kids Eat Free Card.
Steak and Shake

Taco Bell

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 05:58 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Laing
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thank you everyone sorry know it’s the us and they have most things but fussy little eater was thinking of just little bits to take , we staying in a large villa x
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Laing View Post
Thank you everyone sorry know it’s the us and they have most things but fussy little eater was thinking of just little bits to take , we staying in a large villa x
I also wouldn't take any food over, especially as you are staying in a villa and likely to do a supermarket shop anyway. If I were going to take anything thought, then I would maybe take my preferred breakfast cereal. As for your fussy eater, well you are probably the best placed to know what they would like.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It's my personal opinion that you can take anything from a jar of coffee (we do as we don't like American brands) up to a full month's Tesco shop. People have allergies, people don't have cars and have to rely on Uber, people don't like shopping - all options are acceptable in my opinion. We eat 90% of all meals out as we stay in a villa but still find we need regular trips to Publix, Walmart and Super Target.

However please read this list of approved foods and make sure you declare any food if asked by the Immigration Officer.

help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...r-personal-use

Mick
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The only thing I struggled to find last time we went was Rooibos tea. So taking that. Otherwise nothing as its part of the fun to select things in american supermarkets for packed lunches etc. The kids also enjoy picking cereals, crisps, biscuits etc when we go shopping.
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We always take some cereal bars, coffee, and sometimes a box of cereal to see us through the first morning, i like trying stuff there, but also, like some home comforts, also take little squash bottles.
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Laing
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thank you everyone and treats in the parks any fav suggestions!