Notices

Old 23 Apr 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Thou Shalt Not Cram May 2019 Pre Trip Report

Hello everyone! Welcome to my pre trip report, safe to say we are VERY excited to be on the final countdown with just over 3 weeks to go. I love reading other reports which are not only entertaining but also really helpful. I did a trip report for our May 2015 holiday, we do still sometimes read it again and reminisce. I thought I'd do another one and have an electronic record of our memories!

Firstly lets have some introductions. This is us!

Me (Sarah) - obviously I'm the organiser/boss/dictator
Jono - husband, chilled out mostly, loves water parks, hates queues!

As I say we made our first trip as a couple to Orlando back in 2015. We got engaged there and since then ALOT has changed including (in chronological order): I qualified as a solicitor, we bought a house, we got married, became aunty/uncle for the first time and again since, went on honeymoon, got new jobs and most importantly this one came into our lives...

Here is Heidi, often known as BabyBoo, which gives you an indication as to how very spoilt she is and she is our favourite thing in the world. She is younger sister to our ferrets, here is a photo of youngest and also slightly special needs ferret Bootsie

Back to the trip planning!

We booked a package with Virgin, I know it might not have been the most cost effective way but it enabled us to book in advance making early planning possible and when I compared DIY there wasn't much difference. I booked 13 nights, 10 in Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando and 3 at Portifino. No car, we will be relying on shuttles/uber and maybe the odd public bus. We did treat ourselves to direct flights this time. Unfortunately we had to go the last 2 weeks in May rather than the first two as originally planned, this meant hitting Memorial Day and UK half term which initially worried me but I have decided not to stress about it (much).

This brings me to explaining the name of our trip report. Our first trip was full on. We literally didn't stop, I had a long list of "must dos", "hopefully dos" and "if we get chance to dos" we did every single thing on the list mostly twice over. We were also plagued by illness including but not limited to: pre travel virus, toothache (resulting in tooth removal!), headaches, insomnia, a massive red wine coloured rash, lost voice, sickness and sun stroke. It wasn't pretty. As a result I am determined to take it steady this time. No rushing, no stressing about queues, if we need a break in the day we will simply take an uber back to the hotel. Absolutely NO marathon days (like the 13 hours we spent at HS which nearly broke us!).

We intend to have a more streamlined holiday which sounds very management speak but hear me out. We are going to focus on the rides/attractions we really want to do and not simply doing a ride because it is there. So for instance rides such as Peter Pan or 7DMT they are not necessarily our preference, we would rather spend the time queuing for something we really want to ride such as BTRM. This also means no ADRs they simply don't work for us and are too restrictive in terms of timing. A small obsessive part of me worries that we might "miss out" on something by having this approach (the young people call it FOMO I am advised) but ultimately I think there has to be a balance between doing everything and also getting a much needed holiday.

One more thing we are both vegan, I'm 100% converted but Jono is about 98%. This has added a whole other level of planning and research so if anyone is looking for a challenge I do recommend it haha! I am pleased to say we have found lots of good information. First port of call upon arrival will be Wholefoods where we will stock up on vegan snacks as emergency food supplies. It might even be the first holiday ever where I don't come back 2 stone heavier

Thank you for reading so far!

Edited at 09:53 PM.
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

your babies are gorgeous!

looks like you'll be out there the same time we are. Don't worry too much about being there over memorial day weekend. This is I think our third trip that goes over memorial day (it falls on my birthday) and yes, its a little busy, but its always busy these days - take advantage of your fastpasses, jetlag (makes the early mornings easier!) and chill in the afternoon.

Love that Rosen - one of our favourite first trips was there.

Re vegan food - Disney have made it much easier on those of us who don't eat meat and now have a guide to food in Magic Kingdom and they're rolling them out to the other parks too. i'm particularly excited for the vegan hot dog...

Hope you have a fantastic trip
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading along 😀
Old 1 May 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thank you guys! Also can't wait for the vegan hot dog!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
BrilliantBadger
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We’ll be there at similar times... not long now!
Disney do quite a lot of vegan things, so I’m sure you’ll still get lovely treats. Good idea to stock up anyway.
Your babies are so cute!
Have a good trip!
BrilliantBadger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm a vegan too so looking forward to reading about how you get on with food whilst over there.
Old 8 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I'm a vegan too so looking forward to reading about how you get on with food whilst over there.
Hope you find it useful! We had some days that were trickier than others but there is an option in every park!
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Looking forward to more..your fur babies are adorable! Disney caters so well now for Vegans!