Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Jul 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

While staying at a motel in Tallahassee we were coming back from dinner, Denny's across the carpark and walked into an armed hold-up in reception! We froze on the spot - and watched as robber fired a shot into the ceiling of reception and tried to run out when he heard police arrive. They shot him right outside the door and the motel Owner, who was in the back office the whole time, insisted that the young lady who had been held-up should finish her shift.
That really was a scary experience and not one I'd ever like to repeat.
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I find it quite hair raising just driving on the I4!
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ccleveley
Serious Dibber

ccleveley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had a major crash on International Drive returning from Sea World when I was in my teens (late 80s). Drunk driver pulled out in front of our mini bus. Some of our group injured but the passenger in the other car sadly died. Was swarming with police; ambulances (including helicopter) and very scary indeed. Taught me to wear a seatbelt at all times!
ccleveley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Got lost in a very rough area of Tampa, with lots of gangs eyeing up our brand new hire car.
Billy Beatnik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lost power in the car in deepish water in a Hurricane in Bradenton, pitch black and no lights on the road. The sat nav was trying to send us down the wrong road before everything went dark. We managed to get home and found alligators had been spotted swimming on the roads.
Old 13 Jul 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Trinacham
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hmm, maybe not too scary but somewhat shocking and unexpected..
This was 20 years ago so my memory has faded but we were at a shopping mall somewhere with our American family friends and there was a bench covered in lots of blood. It was a shocking thing to see, especially being 8 at the time! Never knew what happened but have always wondered.
Trinacham is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

We've had 3, 1990,2008,2014.
I...Me and a friend took a wrong turn at the lights by Florida mall and ended up in a very dodgy area, we soon got out of there
2... came out of the airport in a hired minibus 10 of us all tired , hubby pulled out of a junction and we got cut up by a guy in a pick up, we beeped at him incase he hadn't seen us and he followed us to a shop where we stopped to get some milk and cereal , he started shouting at us and getting quite nasty . We apologised and got out of there
3... arrived at accommodation after a delayed flight and we should have had a code for the resort gate, we didn't so had to use the intercom . A guy in the car behind didn't want to wait so he got out of his car and started swearing and banging on our windows, I was scared he was going to pull a gun on us ,by the time we got in and told security at reception, I was shaking and crying, not a good start to the holiday
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Hubby pulled out on a pick up truck at Busch Gardens although they were going really fast, they started giving us the finger etc (looked like proper hill billy’s) I told him to ignore them but they started chasing us! 😰 they were right up the back end of the car. We had our 5 year old twins in the back. To say I was scared was an understatement! We managed to lose them at some traffic lights and parked up and hid in a car park for about 15 mins. By the time we came out they had gone. Can’t even explain how scary it was!
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Occasionally looking at the bank balance when home
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by Billy Beatnik View Post
Got lost in a very rough area of Tampa, with lots of gangs eyeing up our brand new hire car.
Snap

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List