Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jul 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

First trip following bereavement...

Hi,

Our 15 year old daughter died suddenly and unexpectedly in April. We are currently awaiting test results to see if they can give us a reason why...

We are coping but obviously beyond devastated.

We had a trip booked to leave tomorrow, four of us. We were lucky enough to have had many trips to our happy place as a family of four. Memories we will treasure.

We talked the big talk about carrying on with our lives as she would have wanted when we lost her and now we have to see it through...

After much debate I rearranged our flights to 'change' things slightly, different cabin, different date, I know it sounds silly... Virgin were brilliant.

We fly a week tomorrow, the three of us, myself, DH and our youngest daughter aged 13.

I hope this does not come across as a 'woe is me' message as it is not that at all, I just hoped that someone may have some words of strength or experience of their own to share or advice that may help me through...

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm so sorry for your heartbreaking loss, I'm sure this will be a hard trip remembering your past memories there,your daughter would be so proud of you all,enjoy making new memories,but also spending many moments reflecting on past trips too..have a wonderful time,tears will be shed,but I hope being there together gives you strength xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh goodness, your post has brought a tear to my eye, how very sad. I’m so sorry for your loss, I don’t have any words of wisdom or advice. Life is so unfair. Hoping you can try and have a special time making new memories while remembering your dear daughter. Hugs to you all xx
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I think I would speak for many when I say this is the least ‘woe is me’ post imaginable.
I am so sorry for your loss, I can’t comprehend it’s awfulness.
But like you say, she would want you to go on as a family and bring some light back into your lives.
Is there anything particular she had always wanted to do on this holiday that you held back from? Something that you could use to mark her being there in spirit? X

Much love, you will be in my thoughts xx
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Nothing to say but sending hugs. You are very brave. Xxx
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Absolutely heart-breaking to hear at such a young age, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Please please keep all of your heads up and enjoy all of the memories you have of her and continue to make great memories as a family even as hard as it may be, you need to stay strong and keep going.

Hugs to all of your family.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I’m so very sorry to hear your devastating news. Sending lots of love xx
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

So so sorry to read your of your recent loss. Sending big hugs and hope you enjoy your holiday with lovely memories of your daughter. X
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Sorry for your loss, sending you lots of hugs and thoughts for your upcoming trip. I'm sure it will be very emotional for you all. x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So very sorry for your loss. You will without doubt all shed some tears but I would think your dear daughter would be looking down on you all and being so very proud that you are going to be there and will think of her every single day and talk about her and what she would be doing if there & no doubt laughing at some of the things she has said and done in the past.
As dreamadream says think of something the 3 of you can do in her memory whilst there, a special meal or buy a special trinket to bring back.
As for your woe is me comment I had to delay typing this as I was just too choked to do it immediately so don't ever think that again. You are all 3 an inspiration for others in a similar situation & a credit to the memory of a beloved daughter.