Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Child’s school attendance

How would I work out attendance?

I have booked to go away again and the new school had different holiday to the old an things have gone wrong so now they will be out of school 17 days rather than the 12 we originally thought.

Husband is worrying now and we have thought about changing it to two weeks but it wouldn’t be any cheaper but would get changed £200 to amend so lose lose.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Tell the school you didn’t know they were different holiday dates maybe, but 17 days is a lot to miss though
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

not sure what you mean by "work out attendance" ?

17 days is a lot of school thats over 3 weeks ?
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think attendance is worked out on one school day being 2 sessions
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

If you mean work out their attendance % I doubt it matters. 17 days missed school is a lot and I suspect you’d be fined irrespective of past attendance. What time of year is it?

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
That’s an awful lot of school to miss for a holiday .i would reconsider and I doubt they’d let you have that long off anyway

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
It's really something you will need to discuss with the school as different councils vary as to how they enforce the rules. 17 days off school will definitely take them below the average 95% attendance and would estimate that would take them under 90% which in our area whether for illness or holidays you will be summoned to the school to discuss matters or have a visit from a "truancy" officer. Also in England you will be fined too.

I know your kids are at primary school but how old are your kids and will it mean they miss the start of term or the end (where maybe less actual work) ? I'd be inclined to discuss it with their teachers/head teacher first and then decide on the best way forward.

Also this thread may be closed as discussing taking kids of school is a very emotive subject. Personally I have taken my DD (12) off for a week in January and will be taking her out for the week before October holidays this year and took them all out on a few occasions while at Primary School.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

If your trying to work it out for the fines, its more than 10 sessions get a fine. 10 sessions equate to 5 days.

I am not sure how to work out the % for the year but for an example my dd is on 98% she has had 3 days sick over the school year. So I would say your attendance maybe less than 90%.
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I believe there are 38 weeks of school, with 5 days a week and two sessions a day this is 380. If you miss 34 sessions, this would put attendance at 91% before any time off for illness.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Just to give an example of attendance, this academic year my son had 364 sessions that made up the school year (2 sessions per day).

By being out of school for 17 days, that would be 34 sessions missed, which by my calculations means their attendance would reduce by 9.34% for the holiday. The maximum attendance they could achieve for the year would be 90.66%, assuming no other absence.