Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Mar 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Accommodation advice

We will be travelling with our 4 year old twins and I'm a little stuck.
We went in 2011 just me and DH and stayed at Lake Eve Resort on I Drive. We couldn't drive then so we used public transport but we loved having an apartment rather than just a hotel room. In 2013 we went again just me and DH and stayed at Disney Port Orleans. So much easier for getting around.

This time with kids in tow we were thinking it would be easier to stay at disney BUT when we stayed with them we ended up eating rubbish... so I'm thinking hire a car and stay off site.

Here's my dilema, I don't know Orlando well and Lake Eve has now been developed into a resort vacation club. Can anyone recommend somewhere that is self catering on I drive that is cheap but nice (at the time Lake Eve was about £70 a night). Or villas close to I drive or Disney? Thank you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Cane Island
Regal Palms

Are they the sort of properties you are thinking of ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Some of the Sheraton villas have offers on or there is Lake Buena Vista resort that has an offer on at the moment and is very close to shops and places to eat, here is the link: lbvorlandoresort/
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Floridays or fountains, condo suites and lake eve is now part of fountains resort. Floridays right next to it, stayed there a few times. Also stayed at lake eve but not fountains

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Mobile

I would recommend Encantada on the 192.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

when do you plan going
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Fountains Resort on I-Drive bought Lake Eve Resort and it's now one of their buildings.
Floridays next door is fab too, huge 2 & 3 bed apartments etc.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Have you checked the Doubletree Suites by Hilton on Hotel Plaza Boulevard? These are located close to Disney Springs and the Crossroads area, so plenty of eating options locally. They also offer a shuttle bus to the parks throughout the day.

If you are thinking of visiting in 2018, an option could be to book a studio at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs with the free Disney Dining plan which would give you the chance to eat at the table service restaurants/buffets, and book a few character meals as well for the kids. The free dining is usually made available in April for the following year, so shoudln't be long before it is announced.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
nick.66
Getting Excited

I would also recommend Encantada on the 192 only a few miles from Disney. They have a lovely clubhouse and pool area and the 3 villas we have stayed in there have all been excellent.
nick.66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Can highly recommend Vista Cay, 2 or 3 bed condos about £800-1000 for 2 weeks
just off idrive (Universal Boulevard) .It runs parallel with I drive and not sure if Idrive trolley now stops opposite.
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List