Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh great! Yeah I thought that, I can't cope with trainers in the heat really so I did think I could struggle there. Thanks so much for your advice. xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Bump

Just bumping to see if anymore replies come in.
Old 10 Aug 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
VikkS
Proud to wear my Ears

My advice would be to have a big breakfast - the Rosen hotel breakfasts are good, also Dennys etc, this way you spend less in the parks on lunch - try out a couple of the snacks instead and then enjoy an evening meal around international drive.

Definitely head to a local supermarket - Walgreens is close by, and buy a big pack of water for the hotel room fridge- we spent less than 10 dollars on 24 bottles as opposed to $2/3 per bottle in the hotel shop or parks.

Sounds like plenty of money for two people regardless though. Meals are huge you will probably find yourself skipping dessert!
VikkS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gazwilliams
Proud to wear my Ears

September is an amazing time to go! The crowds are little lower plus all the Halloween celebrations will be taking place, as well as Epcot's food and wine festival.
Will you be buying MNSSH tickets? I know its an extra cost on top of park tickets but its SO worth it!
Also Universals Horror Night is a must!

We didn't drive the first time we went and we found Uber so helpful! If you havent used them before you can get some free rides if you google for some promo codes.
Got amazing drivers and it was a lot cheaper than regular cabs.
Gazwilliams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gazwilliams View Post
September is an amazing time to go! The crowds are little lower plus all the Halloween celebrations will be taking place, as well as Epcot's food and wine festival.
Will you be buying MNSSH tickets? I know its an extra cost on top of park tickets but its SO worth it!
Also Universals Horror Night is a must!

We didn't drive the first time we went and we found Uber so helpful! If you havent used them before you can get some free rides if you google for some promo codes.
Got amazing drivers and it was a lot cheaper than regular cabs.

The Halloween nights start the night before we leave so planning on hopefully doing that on our last night. What's MNSSH?

In regards to Uber I'm really unsure as I've seen many complaints about them on the facebook orlando group that people were over charged by 100s of $$ for "cleaning" reasons which one of them included a child wet the car but the parent said nothing like that happened so we're still thinking about the uber situation. It does sound handy though I just wouldn't trust my card being registered to anywhere like that I don't think and they don't accept cash
Old 10 Aug 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
npafc
Getting Excited

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by karinaxo View Post
The Halloween nights start the night before we leave so planning on hopefully doing that on our last night. What's MNSSH?

In regards to Uber I'm really unsure as I've seen many complaints about them on the facebook orlando group that people were over charged by 100s of $$ for "cleaning" reasons which one of them included a child wet the car but the parent said nothing like that happened so we're still thinking about the uber situation. It does sound handy though I just wouldn't trust my card being registered to anywhere like that I don't think and they don't accept cash
MNSSH - Have a look here:
disneyworld.disney.go/ev...lloween-party/

We always stay off site and rarely eat in the parks apart from snacks or ice-creams so would suggest you have more than enough spending money. As others have suggested, buffet breakfasts or Dennys or the like will get you through the day so that you'll just need an evening meal. Take a cool bag for your water bottles, using 1 or 2 frozen ones to keep the rest cold.
We always have a car so cannot help with your transport, the hotel shuttles can be okay (so we've heard) but may tie you to a time.

We are there at the end of September - it's our favourite time to go, have a fantastic time!

2023 Trip number 10, Royal Pacific Universal & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
npafc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I love my crocs flip flops too. They're the comfiest thing ever. I have three pairs!

Have a wonderful trip.
Old 11 Aug 17, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you all for all your replies, they've all helped in one way or another I have went for some light trainers, flip flops for short walks/pool days and walking sandals and started shopping for most of the other things too eek exciting!
Old 11 Aug 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Have the uber app all set up for you going as it will probably be useful and give you more option.

I always wear Nike flip flops to the parks and never had an issue (the ones with the toe posts) I couldn't imagine wearing trainers.

Have a fab time and enjoy
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
lollipop1
Excited about Disney

Re-spending money I think you should be fine with what your taking but friends are not long back and they said that everything was so much more expensive than last year we go 1st 2 weeks in September and I'm going to take my credit card just in case hehehehehe so enjoy and have a ball.